Panasonic Lumix cracked screen.. now What?

SwonutSwonut Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited January 19, 2011 in Cameras
I'm a nikon guy, loved the Lumix for the last year (It replaced the other coolpix that had a broken screen), but the screen broke sometime between the Colosseum and the Vatican. (The kids said that the camera was broken when we went to shoot Caesar's tomb.) I've got a D90, but want a pocket camera. I'm hard on a cameras (or we're hard on cameras, either way...) Bottom line, I dig shutter Priority mode and want a p&S that has it. What say you about the new Nikon Cool Pix P7000?

Reviews are mixed, but it seems like a cannon/nikon thing.

Comments

• ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2010
    Or a Panny LX5... read this comparison.
    http://www.bythom.com/compactHQ1.htm
  • AdrianRVAdrianRV Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    Swonut wrote: »
    I'm a nikon guy, loved the Lumix for the last year (It replaced the other coolpix that had a broken screen), but the screen broke sometime between the Colosseum and the Vatican. (The kids said that the camera was broken when we went to shoot Caesar's tomb.) I've got a D90, but want a pocket camera. I'm hard on a cameras (or we're hard on cameras, either way...) Bottom line, I dig shutter Priority mode and want a p&S that has it. What say you about the new Nikon Cool Pix P7000?

You should really look into the Canon S95, it's a nice little P&S but it packs a punchthumb.gif Burst mode, low light capabilities, HD recording, etc......I saw it on special at Best Buy about a week ago:D
    edited January 8, 2011

Cannons work well if you are trying to shoot, they do it quite wellrolleyes1.gif(no offense)
  • cpallencpallen Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2011
    P7000
    Cannons work well if you are trying to shoot, they do it quite wellrolleyes1.gif(no offense)

If you love your D90 you will most likely like the P7000, especially if you own a Nikon flash and IR remote. Check this site out:
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/p7000/

and look at some of the photos as well as the posts.
  • CarpyCarpy Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    Hi
    Why don't you just buy a replacement screen off ebay for the lumix and change it yourself?

Carpy
    edited January 18, 2011

Does nobody get it?
  • catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    Does nobody get it?

I got it! thumb.gif

and for the record, I shoot Nikon in DSLRs but like Canon for P&S myself. It's all on what you prefer. Most any will offer aperature priority mode. Depends entirely on features and cost as to what ones might work best.
    //Leah
    edited January 19, 2011
    I was beginning to wonder... some people were taking me totally seriously headscratch.gif