ch47 Which Dysflection?

muddykneesmuddyknees Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
edited September 18, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Had lunch at a nearby creek - may try it again - with tripod and waders and hopefully a better idea what to exect and what can be improved - your suggestions appreciated...

36219420-M.jpg

36219382-M.jpg

36219456-M.jpg

36219499-M.jpg

36219473-M.jpg

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2005
    An interesting shot mate...i like #1 the best.

Gus
  • behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    I like #1 also. I thought I was the only one that wore waders to get where I wanted to go. :D

Bear
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    Definitely the first. thumb.gif

Va.

Email
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    Cool idea! #1 hands down!
    very wican impression!
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    Nice shots. #1 is nice...but for some reason I'm leaning towards the second one. Perhaps just because it's more of your face.....and it kind of draws you in.

BMP
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    I love the first one, the only thing that bothers me in it is the camera strap. But I like how you took the foliage and used it as a natural frame in the image. So in that sense I like two better because you cant see the camera at all.....but its not framed as nicely.
  • Wizard1929Wizard1929 Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited September 17, 2005
    I gotta go with #2. I'm a fan of Buffy and Angel and #2 reminds me of a character on one or the other of these series.
  • SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2005
  • muddykneesmuddyknees Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2005
    Looks like #1 is the one ...unless...
    First, thinks for everyone's input. Ironically, #1 is was the first shot I took (after figuring out why my flash didn't work).

So I thought I ought to be able to do better than "beginner's luck", and gave it another try yesterday (and decided to try to amp-up the saturation while PSing them late last night - was that a mistake?)

Here's (almost) everyone's favorite last time, followed by the new ones (does beginner's-luck trump 2nd-guessing?)

#1 (again):
    36219420-M.jpg

#6:
    36487205-M.jpg

#7:
    36486946-M.jpg
    here I was trying for the "muddyknees"

#8a:
    36487810-M.jpg
    I also tried cropping this slightly to cut out the flash at top and all except the top-edge of the leg & boot at the bottom (8x10 form factor).
    And here's another crop:
    #8b:
    36487724-M.jpg

#9:
    36486205-M-1.jpg

#10:
    36486243-M-1.jpg

All the rest of the fun is logged here:
    http://muddyknees.smugmug.com/gallery/813136

Thanks for any last-minute input.

Gary
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    I like #7 the best. In fact, I think I like it better than #1. Your eyes seem to be engaging the viewer in a relaxed and thoughtful way which I find appealing in portraits. And I love the muddy knee!! clap.gifclap.gif I find #8a very creepy. #8b more so. The first looks like a dead body and the second - well I am not sure. Unsettling, both of them - which can be good, I grant you. The abstracts are quite interesting but they don't give me a sense of the photograph being a portrait.

Lots of choices for you. thumb.gif Good luck!

Va.

Email
  • muddykneesmuddyknees Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    Thanks for the thoughtful input, (Gina, is it?).

#7 was one of those that I think I may have overdone the saturation on - so I'll work with it some more now. (Some of these shots are problematic due to underexposure and/or focus. - Wish I had another chance to rock-hop or spash around in the creek to get it right - guess I'll have to find another excuse to do so later.)

gary

Flyinggina wrote:
    I like #7 the best. In fact, I think I like it better than #1. Your eyes seem to be engaging the viewer in a relaxed and thoughtful way which I find appealing in portraits. And I love the muddy knee!! clap.gifclap.gif I find #8a very creepy. #8b more so. The first looks like a dead body and the second - well I am not sure. Unsettling, both of them - which can be good, I grant you. The abstracts are quite interesting but they don't give me a sense of the photograph being a portrait.

Lots of choices for you. thumb.gif Good luck!

Va.