Options

Italy & Lithuania in July! European phogs I NEED YOU!

FotobyMoMoFotobyMoMo Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
edited January 5, 2011 in Weddings
Sorry I'm posting it here but it's kind of wedding related. So I'm planning a trip down to Italy for July with the wife. From there I will be traveling to different parts. I'm planning to go to Lithuania and a few other countries.

Now here's my request. This is a ONCE in a life time opportunity for me. Would by ANY chance, would any photographer let me shoot side by side with you? I would do it for 100% free. I don't care for the money. It's the experience I'm looking for and the beautiful weddings that happens there is what I want to capture. This would be HUGE for me.

What's the best way to go about doing this?

I have 7 months to find photographers to let me tag along for this project. Any Dgrinner would love to help another fellow Dgrinner PLEASE??
www.fotobymomo.com | www.facebook.com/fotobymomo

Gear List: Canon 5D Mm2 | T1i (backup) | 16-35 2.8L | 27-200 2.8L Mk2 | 24-105 4L | Sigma 85mm 1.4 | Canon 580ex flash

Comments

• Options
    edited January 4, 2011
    bump? anyone? I've gotten one person in Lithuania so far.

Gear List: Canon 5D Mm2 | T1i (backup) | 16-35 2.8L | 27-200 2.8L Mk2 | 24-105 4L | Sigma 85mm 1.4 | Canon 580ex flash
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2011
    My very serious advice would be to contact a local photographer (in Lithuania) directly and see if you can set up a collaborative shoot with them. Something more like a model shoot on locations. You foot the costs, walk with some great shots.

If not that, find a model(s) yourself and make it happen. This option is very easy and a great way to get some stellar imagery.
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2011
    My very serious advice would be to contact a local photographer (in Lithuania) directly and see if you can set up a collaborative shoot with them. Something more like a model shoot on locations. You foot the costs, walk with some great shots.

If not that, find a model(s) yourself and make it happen. This option is very easy and a great way to get some stellar imagery.

Thanks! So far I've talked to one photographer from Lithuania, who's an online friend from another forum. He said there's a good possibility for it, just depending on the clients and if they agree to it. He also asked me for the dates that I'd be there.

I hope that works out. But I was going to go with some back up just in case his clients decline. In which case, I was thinking of contacting some photographers there as I have a list of photographers for both Italy and Lithuania. I know some members from there join here and was hoping one of them might also take me under their wing.

But I'm flying in from the US so I would have to figure some ways to find something on my own. Not sure which way to go about this.

• Options
    metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2011
    You want to work with a wedding photog in Lithuania? Aleksandras Babicius would be the #1 to get if you can and he's a dgrinner. I would give an arm to watch him work!
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2011
    met wrote: »
    You want to work with a wedding photog in Lithuania? Aleksandras Babicius would be the #1 to get if you can and he's a dgrinner. I would give an arm to watch him work!

Thanks! Yes I've contacted him through another forum. I LOVE their work. I watch his work almost everyday. Matter of fact I have 3 of his galleries up :D
    I am waiting for his message back. There's another photographer he goes by DZ Foto and he's also a photog I speak to often on FB and he already said there's a possibility and asked when I'll be going there. So I wings.gif when he said it and hopefully things will work out perfectly and hopefully Aleksandras Babicius would also love to help me on this project bowdown.gif