Frontier Landscape

Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
edited January 2, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Took the truck up 4 Peaks road to get a view of the snow up on the peaks. Got some portraits of the truck.

1142701512_JytXT-L.jpg

1142701950_F3f48-L.jpg
~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery

Comments

• NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2010
    For me the 2nd has more dynamic. Don't know what lens you were using, but I think it would have been great to get more of the mountain range on the left, creating a kind of curve of perspective from the peaks to the front wheel of the truck (rather than the truck being in front of a background) - a more extreme WA with plenty of distortion of the close in stuff. With a stronger compositional dynamic you can up the ante on the processing. I think this would be great in HDR.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2010
    That picture was taken with my wide angle (12-60mm). I know what you mean, I wish I could have as well but in order to get more of the peaks in the picture, I would have lost the angle of the front of the truck which shows just a tad bit of articulation unless I had higher ground which I ran out of because the truck was up on a hill and I was standing on the road to get that picture. All the land behind me only went lower, not higher :(

Thanks for looking and the advice, I appreciate it!
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
    edited January 1, 2011
    Sexy6Chick wrote: »
    That picture was taken with my wide angle (12-60mm). I know what you mean, I wish I could have as well but in order to get more of the peaks in the picture, I would have lost the angle of the front of the truck which shows just a tad bit of articulation unless I had higher ground which I ran out of because the truck was up on a hill and I was standing on the road to get that picture. All the land behind me only went lower, not higher :(

Thanks for looking and the advice, I appreciate it!

Understand.

From what you say I think my description might have been bad. In #2 those four peaks are partly tucked behind the truck, putting them definitely in the background. If our pov was moved to our right to bring those into full view and if with a short fl the line of that range could lead into the truck, curving around and closer to us, ending with the front left wheel right in our eye, that would have been a great look. I'm looking for a much stronger wa look.

Neil

• SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2011
    Nice! Dust that truck up!
    edited January 1, 2011

Don't think so! Not yet. By the look of it it's still a baby!:D

Neil

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2011
    rolleyes1.gifI also noticed they were keeping baby clean up to that point.
    Nice shots Natalie. Looks like it was a nice day out there ta boot. thumb.gif
    Michael