Blue or Red?

prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
edited September 19, 2005 in People
which color do you like better?

Red:
flowerbw2nf.jpg

or blue:
blueflower7ze.jpg

or maybe you think purple, yellow, green, something else... let me know! thanks!

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2005
    Red ...more a true flower colour. Very nice work.

Welcome to D/grin btw thumb.gif

Gus
  • DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    Gar!!! Hard to choose. Blue is my favorite color. But I love the image!
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • luckydogluckydog Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    I'm a fan of the red too. It looks almost music CD cover-ish in its style. One question though...What is above the guy in the middle's head???
    http://darrylluckphotography.smugmug.com

40D
    18-55mm, 28-105mm USM II, 50mm f/1.8, 400mm f/5.6
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    Did you sharpen these at all.

The three OOF guys have halo's around them, not sure if it is bad bokeh, or a sharpening artifact.

FWIW,

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
    XO-Studios wrote:
    Did you sharpen these at all.

The three OOF guys have halo's around them, not sure if it is bad bokeh, or a sharpening artifact.

FWIW,

XO,
    I noticed that as well. How do you get rid of that halo after the artifact is already a part of the image?

blueflower7ze1os.jpg

Got rid of the object behind his head for her.
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    Hi Kasey,
    Time for me to :deadhorse.

First, I like the red better than the blue, looks more natural in that color. Now for my soapbox. I'm not a fan of selective coloring in most instances and this is one of them. By desaturating the background, you're telling me that the people are not very important to the picture. As an effect, colorizing something should help draw the attention to your subject, which it does here (the flower) but really leaves out the people factor. So now I question why even have the people in the picture as I don't see a relationship with the flower and people.

You did a nice job (much better than what I've attempted) on your selective color processing. It's a good shot with a great perspective, I just don't think selective color works here. Could be that I'm just dense and don't see it eitherne_nau.gif which happens more times than not.

Also, these are just my .02 and take it for what it is. And don't let my biases stop you from pursuing the shot as you want itthumb.gif.

Thanks for sharing,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

Blue darnit... BLUE. It's my favorite color. :P

Perhaps lower the saturation of the flower?
  • prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2005
    Time for me to :deadhorse.

First, I like the red better than the blue, looks more natural in that color. Now for my soapbox. I'm not a fan of selective coloring in most instances and this is one of them. By desaturating the background, you're telling me that the people are not very important to the picture. As an effect, colorizing something should help draw the attention to your subject, which it does here (the flower) but really leaves out the people factor. So now I question why even have the people in the picture as I don't see a relationship with the flower and people.

You did a nice job (much better than what I've attempted) on your selective color processing. It's a good shot with a great perspective, I just don't think selective color works here. Could be that I'm just dense and don't see it eitherne_nau.gif which happens more times than not.

Also, these are just my .02 and take it for what it is. And don't let my biases stop you from pursuing the shot as you want itthumb.gif.

Thanks for sharing,
    Chris
    it's really all just an opinion, some people don't see much sense in the selective color and some love it. i, personally, think it gives it a more artistic feel rather than just having it all b&w or just all color. plus i'm not used to people actually saying that there is something they don't like or could be better, so i'm not used to it yet, so i guess you're not on my good person list....but on the other hand i really do appreciate you taking the time and saying what you mean and not just telling me what i want to hear. so i guess that bumps you off the bad person list. lol thanks for your .02.
    luckydog wrote:
    I'm a fan of the red too. It looks almost music CD cover-ish in its style. One question though...What is above the guy in the middle's head???
    it's a telephone pole that i forgot to fix! oops
    here's the photo in color...do you like it better?

img54560ch.jpg
  • thdizzythdizzy Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2005
    Better!
    Todd Disraeli - Star, Idaho

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2005
    Hi Kasey,
    it's really all just an opinion, some people don't see much sense in the selective color and some love it. i, personally, think it gives it a more artistic feel rather than just having it all b&w or just all color. plus i'm not used to people actually saying that there is something they don't like or could be better, so i'm not used to it yet, so i guess you're not on my good person list....but on the other hand i really do appreciate you taking the time and saying what you mean and not just telling me what i want to hear. so i guess that bumps you off the bad person list. lol thanks for your .02.
    biggrinbounce2.gifI got a chuckle out of your post.biggrinbounce2.gif

The comments are what makes this community so worthwhile. I've gotten a lot of very informative feedback from other members that have helped me grow. And as you mentioned, it's only someones opinion. I did debate with myself as to leave the message or not since you are new to the community, but it's not a bad picture and there is a lot going for it so I opted for the comment. I'm glad I'm no longer on your bad person list because Tyler and I have been talking about the three of us getting together for a weekend shoot sometime soon:D.

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing more of you pictures,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister