DSS#67-Glass Jaw

FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
edited January 2, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
I want to continue to challenge myself outside the challenges, so I thought I'd try an SP/Composite for this round. It's not finished as I still have to shoot the 'sweat spray', and the background 'ring' image is not mine. I have to search that out or build it..... that could be a challenge in itself. But I wanted to stick this up because I know there are a few 'composite-eers' in the challenge ranks that may have some insight.
Hope everyone had a great holiday season and a new year. From the bottom image, you can see how my new years was spent....LOL. I believe you should consider that you have a problem, when your passion starts to take over rooms in your place.... LOL. Thanks for looking.

"Glass Jaw"
1143638480_zm43E-L.jpg

' My "BOAT" '...........LOL.......I need an intervention..... :o)
1143657759_gGrJW-M.jpg

Comments

• tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2011
    Laughing.gif at your room. My sitting room looks just like it! Today is the first time I've pulled my camera out for ages. I spent the holidays sick, so I'm just getting off the couch today.

I don't get the SP connection to the theme...glass. What am I missing?
    Perhaps all of the decongestants, analgesics and football games have dulled my percetion.

BTW..I do like hwere you are going with your SP.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2011
    Laughing.gif at your room. My sitting room looks just like it! Today is the first time I've pulled my camera out for ages. I spent the holidays sick, so I'm just getting off the couch today.

I don't get the SP connection to the theme...glass. What am I missing?
    Perhaps all of the decongestants, analgesics and football games have dulled my percetion.

BTW..I do like hwere you are going with your SP.

Chris

Too funny. My daughter (14yrs old) lives with her mother, so......her room defaults to my laboratory... :o)
    Thankfully she like to shoot as well, so she's patient with her dad.

My thought was 'glass' jaw. As I was processing it, it dawned on me a better shot (under the glass jaw theme) would be an overhead shot of a boxer on the canvas....

Laughing.gif.........uh oh....I feel a different concept needed... Laughing.gif

Thanks Chris!! Feel better.
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2011
    you're gonna need a bigger boat :)

I can not get over your set up.

Your idea is great for the theme. I like the idea of the boxer on the canvas, I also think this shot works but the corner looks a little funny, by where the ropes are, to me it looks like a toaster?
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited January 1, 2011
    My favorite expression! :o)...... that, and " I like you Betty"

I have to figure out the ring still. That background Ring doesn't belong to me. I just used it to see if the two other composites played ok.
    Because I know it, it looks correct to me, but can see how it's not quite the norm with regard to our expectation of how the corner should look.

Thanks Liz
  • kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2011
    Great idea! And I'm really curious to see where this one ends up. I've never done composites.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2011
    Excellent idea!

You've got a lot more stuff than I do! (Note to self - need more stuff)
  • tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2011
    OK Paul. I guess I'm truly in a decongestant fog. What does 'glass jaw' mean?ne_nau.gif I presume it's a boxing term....since everyone else gets it.

chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2011
    Yes, it is a boxing term. Someone with a glass jaw is easy to knock out.
    edited January 2, 2011
    OK Paul. I guess I'm truly in a decongestant fog. What does 'glass jaw' mean?ne_nau.gif I presume it's a boxing term....since everyone else gets it.

chris

Laughing.gif..... as a sports photog I would have thought you would have been the last one not to know the term. :o)

But as Karen said, it's someone who can't take a punch.

**and Karen.... with regard to my 'boat', I blame Al Gore for his creation of the internet and it's evolution of a point and click purchase system...Laughing.gif Damn you B&H..DAMN YOU!
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2011
    Love the idea! You need to spray your self with water a bit so you look sweaty thumb.gif
  • SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2011
    Now that you've explained the "glass jaw", I love it. I'm not a sports fan in any way, shape or form - haven't heard the term. Sweat would be a good idea!

I have a spare bedroom that looks like that too. It gets cleaned up when my daughter who lives out of state comes to visit.

You and I thought alike this time, I also did an SP.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
    edited January 2, 2011
    SeascapeS wrote: »
    Now that you've explained the "glass jaw", I love it. I'm not a sports fan in any way, shape or form - haven't heard the term. Sweat would be a good idea!

I have a spare bedroom that looks like that too. It gets cleaned up when my daughter who lives out of state comes to visit.

You and I thought alike this time, I also did an SP.

Thanks Sandi, Thanks Sean....
    I've known and feared the sweat aspect of the composite. I've shot it, but I haven't dealt with a complex extraction much. So I've 'got me learn on' as I work out merging selections in layers. Fun stuff, but trying at times...Laughing.gif

** I like your entry Sandi. Your reaction comes across natural. Very nice!
    edited January 2, 2011
    Although I was able to combine my selections in PS, my mask was for crap. Because as I look at this one more and more, it has big work ahead of it....not sure how to address edge issues...... any thoughts...

1144966342_rPBTc-M.jpg

**although I must say.........I'm not a bad actor..Laughing.gif