Rose Bowl Champs - TCU Frogs!!

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited January 3, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
It's finally happened . . . TCU won their BCS bowl game!!! The Frogs finished 13-0 this season. I saw many years of losses when I was in school, so the last decade has been pure joy and excitement. The Horned Frogs capped it off tonight with a Rose Bowl victory over Wisconsin, 21-19. I'm prouder than ever to be a TCU Letterman (I played women's varsity basketball for 2 years)!

Sorry, I can't help but brag a bit about my school . . . . :D:D:D

Here are a couple of shots I took on the TCU campus last spring on a visit to Ft Worth. The campus has changed a lot since I graduated so it was fun to look around. I'm glad I took some shots inside the stadium because part of it was imploded last month in order to do major renovations and upgrades.

This is the first time I've processed these. Some of them need some tweaks but I wanted to post them as soon as I could after the game, just for fun.

1. Football stadium from the top of the end zone section.
1144073402_awtgz-L.jpg

1144077423_QkHdu-L.jpg

3. Main Stadium entrance showing past TCU gridiron heroes
1144099444_oiT5p-L.jpg

4. Frog Fountain - it's supposed to be reminiscent of lily pads. This is looking towards the stadium, which can be seen in the background.
1144070515_BvGQg-L.jpg

5. Frog Fountain - shot with Sigma 10-20 at 10mm so there is distortion that I need to go back and straighten
1144119258_uBZpF-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2011
    Howdy Lauren,

How Cool Is That!!!

We waited anxiously for that last second to play out before
    we celebrated.

Long time coming, but the Whole Team really put on a Great Game.

I'd Say Patterson and His Team really showed them what a little ol' School
    From Fort Worth Can Do!!!

Neat Pics, it's a beautiful Campus.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2011
    Thanks, Craig. It is a beautiful campus--we can add it to our Ft Worth shoot when we get together.

Lauren

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2011
    clap.gifCongrats Lauren - they'll make a good addition to the Big East (although I'm still trying to figure out how Ft Worth is considered East ne_nau.gif) :D
    --- Kono ---
    Pentax K-x and assorted lenses
    edited January 3, 2011
    I guess for the same reason the Dallas Cowboys are in the NFC East........ I am looking forward to the new conference, but I surely do miss the old Southwest Conference!

Thanks for the kind remarks, Kono.

Lauren

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2011
    Good for TCU. I work 1 block from the BSU stadium, I can hear their band practicing at lunch.
    Wish we could have been up there with you guys, but really enjoyed your guys showing in the Rose bowl, they did all the non BCS schools proud.

Thanks for sharing your very well done photos from the school.
    edited January 3, 2011
    Thanks, Zoomer! It was fun watching TCU and BSU race for a top finish all season. Coach Patterson said he got a call from Boise before the game, wishing him luck for the non-AQ schools.

I went to a bowl game at BSU years ago--anyone who loves college football ought to see at least 1 game on that blue turf!

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com