School Portraits Idea. Fundraising.

Chris Rowan PhotographyChris Rowan Photography Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited January 2, 2011 in People
I have an idea for shooting school sports and activities as a fundraiser for the school. Kind of like when your kids, nieces and nephews bring home those overpriced not so good food items. It would be a team or group portrait with individual portraits, one with a friend, teammate etc. And giving back, lets say 10-15% of the total purchase price of packages purchased in the first month for that team or group.

Any thoughts or concerns????

Thank you.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2011
    who is doing school pix now?? it could in their contract that no one but them shoot that type of pic......make sure it is not lifetouch or some other franchise company with big gun attorneys......here in Wichita is a large Lifetouch operation but also one other large photog was able to secure a contract that kept anyone from shooting groups shots of classes, School teams...actually any type of school activity....I worked for said photog for a little over a year...until it got to the point that I could no longer work darkroom magic to get his slightly out of focus shots sellable........he was so vain about eye glasses it was absolutely stupid.........he is gone now....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2011
    Yep, be careful with the big vendors.....
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Chris Rowan PhotographyChris Rowan Photography Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 2, 2011
    I don't think Lifetouch is up here. I've heard of them. Kinda the Wal-mart of portrait photography. I think its local photographers doing the schools in this area. I just haven't heard of anyone doing what I want to do.
    Thanks for your input! I will research further.
  • Chris Rowan PhotographyChris Rowan Photography Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 2, 2011
    Art, I see your on Smugmug also.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2011
    YUP ....working on 6 yrs now....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited January 2, 2011
    Art Scott wrote: »
    YUP ....working on 6 yrs now....

About 3 months and loving them!!

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">