Options

bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
edited January 8, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Just an idea... I know it's not straightened yet. Comments? Suggestions?

1144657062_BjUsg-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2011
    Nice! clap.gif

You might try a touch of HDR to get more detail in the center while retaining the detail in the outside. It wouldn't need much.
  • Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2011
    I love these pattern shots that fill the frame. Nice idea.
    My only thing is the angle of the flash and it's fall off are leaving the outer corners on the bottom just a hair dark. They seem like they could stand just a touch of bounce just to fill a bit, and also to leave it dark as I think may be intending.
  • Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback. It's actually backlit by the sun. This shot is -3.0ev. I'm going to see what I can do hdr wise.
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,276 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2011
    Wow...cool idea
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    lilbillymakerlilbillymaker Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited January 3, 2011
    OMG I am jealous at the awesomeness before me! bowdown.gif
  • Options
    reflectionreflection Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited January 6, 2011
    I really like this. Have you ever heard of a linear panorama? This would be awesome done in that fashion.

You set the camera directly in front of each column. Then hand splice the columns together. Each column then appears straight on. It bends the mind when you do this. To make it really awesome do the images as bracketed sets and chose the best exposure (or do an HDR). You could even go totally crazy with this in this case by shooting each "cell" individually.

Charlie
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2011
    I really like this. Have you ever heard of Dale Chihuly? I just saw the most inspiring show about him and his glass creations, and your shot reminded me of it. I'm tempted go to out to the glassblowing place by my parents this weekend to try to steal your blown glass shot, but it's going to be nigh impossible to beat a shot like that. VERY impressive!
    edited January 7, 2011
    Nice, it's so colorful:)
  • Options
    sunflowerstudiosunflowerstudio Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    red_zone wrote: »
    I really like this. Have you ever heard of Dale Chihuly? I just saw the most inspiring show about him and his glass creations, and your shot reminded me of it. I'm tempted go to out to the glassblowing place by my parents this weekend to try to steal your blown glass shot, but it's going to be nigh impossible to beat a shot like that. VERY impressive!

chihuly is a northwest native, and I believe these are Chihuly's works, from the Tacoma glass museum. The vases are in a bridge near the museum (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Since they're on a bridge it's difficult to take the pictures of the vases cleanly.
  • Options
    greatbuffalogreatbuffalo Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    I love this shot!