Cape Kiwanda

Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
edited January 4, 2011 in Landscapes
Took this shot in Oct at the key hole in Cape Kiwanda. I've seen a lot of images from here with long shutter speeds with misty water, I thought since it was a particularly rough day on the sea that about 1/30 shutter would freeze the water with some montion effect still evident just for a change.

Let me know your thought, please.

SealRockWeb-1.jpg

Comments

• bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2011
    Nice choice of shutter speed!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2011
    Scary! The water is leaping right out :D

Was there some vibration during your long exposure? It looks as though the rock is a little soft, too.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2011
    bryanj87 wrote: »
    Nice choice of shutter speed!

Thanks Bryan
    schmoo wrote: »
    Scary! The water is leaping right out :D

Was there some vibration during your long exposure? It looks as though the rock is a little soft, too.

Schmoo, I'd love to say it must have been the pounding surf coupled with the gusty wind vibrating my tripod but the truth is it was probably "Buck Fever" in my hast to get set up quickly for the shot I probably focused then changed the focal length and did not refocus. I'm set up with shutter prioity so the camera will fire whether it is in focus or not. Damn
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited January 4, 2011
    Excellent composition, Doug. You captured that water explosion beautifully. Amazing location and beautiful sky!
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    Excellent composition, Doug. You captured that water explosion beautifully. Amazing location and beautiful sky!

Thanks Joel, I'd love to go back there someday and spend more time.