HDR Imaging

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
edited January 12, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Happy New Year All!!!

Not really sure where HDR belongs among the various threads, so....

a shot taken over the past summer, when things were MUCH warmer.

Next attempt is to apply HDR and infrared in the same shot. Many new doors to open in 2011!

C&C always welcomed.

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2011
    Wow, this image is sure is different. I like it! thumb.gif May I suggest something? Since you only have one distinct subject inside the frame I think it wouldn't hurt if you center it for more appeal. mwink.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2011
    Suggestion - Thanks
    jiro wrote: »
    Wow, this image is sure is different. I like it! thumb.gif May I suggest something? Since you only have one distinct subject inside the frame I think it wouldn't hurt if you center it for more appeal. mwink.gif

Good idea...thanks for the suggestion!!
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2011
    Howdy El Gato,

Interesting image, lots of wonderful details.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited January 7, 2011
    Thanks!
    Craig:

Thanks!

I appreciate your comments.
  • triangulartriangular Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited January 7, 2011
    I wouldnt crop it much because the reflections in the water are a big part of the image, maybe a crop from the left only but not the bottom. Its good but its tone mapped a bit too harshly for my own taste, especially where the sky is losing detail. If you can get the sky looking more realistic I think it would make a much better image, and would print better to.
    edited January 11, 2011
    Thanks!!
    Triangular...

Thanks for your suggestions, I appreciate it.

Practice, practice, practice.

I'll put your suggestions to work in forthcoming field and PP efforts.
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2011
    jiro wrote: »

actually, centering the subject in the frame generally weakens the composition. better to leave it offset a bit, either to one side, or toward the top or bottom. i wouldn't crop this image, the reflections are too much part of the picture. i do agree with Triangular, the HDR is a bit overcooked and looks unrealistic. maybe tone that down a bit so that the sky and the lighting in the gazebo look more natural... but that's just my personal preference...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com