s95 case

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited January 3, 2011 in Cameras
Just received this retro-styled case as mentioned in this thread

It arrived EARLY despite the holidays, and for $10 is a terrific solution.

I haven't taken pictures since the ones in the auction listing linked above are pretty accurate - it really does look like that. It's made of some kind of faux leather, but it's entirely sufficient for a case for a lightweight item; the sueded inside is smooth and lightly padded.

There's a screw which goes into the tripod mount on the camera and holds it securely into the rigid, bottom half of the case; the top half snaps on at both sides, and wraps over the front, snapping again at the bottom. The d-rings for the strap are securely attached to the bottom half.

What's really nice is you can either flop the top half back or remove it entirely while keeping the camera around your neck and securely in the case - all controls are fully accessible, and the front ring turns without any impediment from the cutout of the case.

My only complaint is that the bottom snap (and only the bottom one) is very stiff and hard to seat - hopefully it will loosen up over time, but no biggie if not. I may stick some velcro dots on the flap and not bother with the snap at all.

Definitely a good $10 worth!