Petroglyphs

oldovaloldoval Registered Users Posts: 456 Major grins
edited January 3, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
An older pic that I've worked over a bit in Lightroom 3. I'm trying to decide what software to buy so I'm testing some trial versions of Lightroom, Photomatix, and a trial run of Smugmug. I always liked this pic....

1146139290_6Unwv-L.jpg

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2011
    And a likable pic it is. Nice natural color to it. :D
    Michael
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2011
    I like the photo, but you seem to have some serious compression artifacts in the sky around the rock.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • oldovaloldoval Registered Users Posts: 456 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2011
    Icebear wrote: »
    I like the photo, but you seem to have some serious compression artifacts in the sky around the rock.

I've noticed that in a few of the pics I've played with in lightroom......any idea what might be going on?
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2011
    oldoval wrote: »
    I've noticed that in a few of the pics I've played with in lightroom......any idea what might be going on?

What are you starting out with, and how are you exporting them?? Lightroom is not doing this to you.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • oldovaloldoval Registered Users Posts: 456 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2011
    These are older, low quality jpegs that came from my p&s Canon. When I sharpened them and brought up the exposure in Lightroom it seems to have emphasized artifacts that were already there. If I look close at my originals the artifacts are there but the pics are dull enough that it is less noticeabe. I'm shopping now for my first DSLR as well as software and a solid method for getting photos cleanly to my pc. Still learning.............