foggy day, c&c pls

Brian_SBrian_S Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
edited January 4, 2011 in Landscapes
i took this pic along Lake Superior shoreline...but
though it appeals to me it seems something is missing, one thing i could of done i suppose was take it from a lower angle?
would like to know what others think could of helped it

shoreline.jpg

Comments

• TreyHoffTreyHoff Registered Users Posts: 388 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2011
    i think the image has good potential with the shacks, ice covered rocks and weather.

However, the image needs a more defined subject; for instance maybe compose the shot with more attention to the shacks or the frozen rocks. Foreground is good to use, but in this case there is to little of it. I would either use more foreground or none at all, and the horizon should be, for the most part, in the upper or lower third of the frame (unless it is a perfect reflection.) Lastly, it's important, especially in water scenes, to keep the horizon perfectly horizontal (easy to adjust with editing software.)

I like the shacks and frozen rocks and I'm sure a great photo can be made here. Keep it up and thanks for posting!
  • Brian_SBrian_S Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2011
    Thank you Trey
    i see what you mean, looking at the pic here and scrolling down enough to crop out some of the sky does make an improvement, i'll also try levelling it out in ps :)