Cha 47- What do you think about this

thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
edited September 18, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Are these new ideas better than this thread?
http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=18244
These are not done but works and progress and I was wondering which one would be the best to continue doing. You see I don't have a lot of time. I just finished my first week of second year university and I've got tons to do already.
So, what do you think.
Ashley
First
x1pAdjo0uCo2H3HRsxOzpwU9ciefy9MZRRm0yTfnvJm9GHkRvv_dky7Wq7DdXv6Bpp8XoGBaj3RGxENwocH2vyLgYqkprWCBHz_W_MtKkICK25qR9Mze2VN-V_r5kbAYaXyH2MSAZccQQ1TrnGmtNVwlQ

Second

x1pAdjo0uCo2H3HRsxOzpwU9ciefy9MZRRm0yTfnvJm9GGrz_yUIp02OI8SDambBA0tQajwhnQ17lagA33GejztTgxsHPbNKLgl8MqwfQWt0-3zzkTfW1FdXhTakiAV0lqu4XIx-j_mpwxPUuWIlG7gsQ

Third

x1pAdjo0uCo2H3HRsxOzpwU9ciefy9MZRRm0yTfnvJm9GHlN2BAXauFv1jrJEczleoB6Q1zEXlEA9Vj-YKAqtA2Vb0nWJBVXSYLPViHZbHMOb8zBpRGr6pu86qOCdf_HLScm0Ma8mXMu1SIDTa4qrhI2w

What do you think?
Thanks for comments.
Green is the way to be!
ashleyharding.smugmug.com

Comments

• Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2005
    I had done a version of the old "LIFE" magazine cover using the WWII pilot I entered. I decided against it because I thought it was kind of cliche' (gimmicky too) and wasn't sure if I could use the "Life" title as I'm sure it's copyrighted. I thought about changing the name of the magazine cover to "LITE"...sort of a spin on the magazine title...and photography (light). Might check with Andy about the use of the title. Could change it to "National Photographic" and use the same type style. Just a thought. Might not have to change it at all. Not that familiar with the laws.

I'm kind of leaning towards the first one. Would tinker with the exposure a bit...or do some dodging and burning in photoshop. The washed out areas could stand to be darkened IMO.

BMP
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    Here's the finished version of the first one. I will ask about the copywrite. I always think it is fun and games posting here but I will change it slightly.
    What do you think.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    Too cheesy?????
    Because the word Photographic was not fitting I just did this. Is it too cheesy. I can't say. I can't see past the fact that it took me too long to erase all the bits. Anyway, thanks for the comments.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
  • Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    You didn't hear it from me....but what about putting an intense blue contact (photoshop) on that left eye....so it really pops...and glows ? I know 3 guys from the wildlife forum that can show you how to get an intense wild blue. We call them the "blues brothers". I suppose you could just call them Harry, Ben and Jeff. yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

It's shaping up nicely. thumb.gif

You may not need to change the magazine name.....I'd find out for sure. uhoh2.gif

BMP
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2005
    Yellow border is copyrighted too
    If I remember correctly from my reading... Not sure if it matters for a contest like this or not.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2005
    I have loved each and every one of your proposed photos for this challenge, but as I look back I think I like your original (the one with you not smiling and lying on your National Geographic collection) the best. Even with the blue shirt. It seems to have a lot of "you" in it. thumb.gif

That said, using you as a cover for "National Graphic" is an intriguing idea. I don't know if anyone has tracked down the copyright issues involved, but I think one might argue that it is a parody and, if memory serves, parody is permitted under the fair use exception. I guess that if it were my photo and I really wanted to enter it in the challenge I would -- that is unless one of "those who know all" told me I couldn't/shouldn't. On the other hand, I wouldn't try to sell it. :D

Va

Email
  • dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2005
    Hi Ashley. These new photos are good. But I have to agree with Gina. I think your first photo is still the best.
  • SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    Have to agree, all nice shots but IMO the first attempt is a worthy entry as it is.
    I like my first one also. But I think I will reshoot it. It seems a tad out of focus to me and I like sharp pictures, most of the time.
    But since I had so many pictures playing with the light from the window where I got the cover shot I thought I would merge a few of the more 'intense' ones and show them off.
    I feel it's kind of like hunting an animal, going in for the kill and then being attacked yourself. However, there are no wild jungles around here so take from it what you want.
    I believe it shows maybe not my true self but ultimately my sense of imagination and drama ( of which I've taken many classes). So laugh or feel what I see.
    Tell me what you think.
    Ashley
    Black and White and Orginal:
    x1pAdjo0uCo2H3HRsxOzpwU9ciefy9MZRRm0yTfnvJm9GHLhUXoJ_RbxbplyBIJmk8O1f_g-k4aJj7UqGzM8gAgowlut4sthIN94omVDMOY9Uu29sV24ABNSsXS3Jy4jNDT2llDnJ_XWHeia0r3l2yKxQ
    Green is the way to be!
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    These are all great entries Ashley! I like the last one though...lots of expression. You must like horror movies huh? Just guessing from this and previous entries. :):

Erich