any thoughts? C&C please?

dantambokdantambok Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited January 6, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
today, we`re wasting water like there`s no tomorrow...
_MG_2463.jpg

Tomorrow, we`re going to save water because of yesterday...:scratch
_MG_2470.jpg
Canon 7D, 450D, 50mm 1.8, 50mm 1.2, Mp-e 65mm, 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM, Canon 100mm f/2.8L macro IS USM, 580exII, some sigma lenses:D

Comments

• JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2011
    These pictures just don't make me feel that the water is refreshing, pure, or lifegiving. It's probably a combination of the gray water, and in the second one, that the water bottle is emerging out of a shadowed or vignetted darkness. I can't imagine being really thirsty and wanting to drink it. In terms of the message, if you can't get me to imagine drinking that water, the message seems lost, since the personal water bottle dominates the image. Technically, it seems well done, but to me, i think it would have more impact if the water wasn't so shadowed.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • dantambokdantambok Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2011
    kolibri wrote: »
    These pictures just don't make me feel that the water is refreshing, pure, or lifegiving. It's probably a combination of the gray water, and in the second one, that the water bottle is emerging out of a shadowed or vignetted darkness. I can't imagine being really thirsty and wanting to drink it. In terms of the message, if you can't get me to imagine drinking that water, the message seems lost, since the personal water bottle dominates the image. Technically, it seems well done, but to me, i think it would have more impact if the water wasn't so shadowed.

Thanks for your comment. The water is dark because I used the burn tool in photoshop too much.. headscratch.gif

Would it be better if these were in color?
    Canon 7D, 450D, 50mm 1.8, 50mm 1.2, Mp-e 65mm, 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM, Canon 100mm f/2.8L macro IS USM, 580exII, some sigma lenses:D
  • BambiBambi Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited January 6, 2011
    I agree that the bottle is a bit too dark. You can try having it lighter and see. I also looked at a crop with just the neck of the bottle and the water. It seemed to be a stronger composition to me-IMHO. this tells the story that it's about the water not the bottle.
    however, it's your vision and you need to be happy with it.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited January 6, 2011
    dantambok wrote: »
    Would it be better if these were in color?
    Post them and we'll see deal.gif.