Options

Watermark/Logo

KTLewKTLew Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited January 9, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, so if it isn't mods please move...but which program have most people used to design a logo and/or watermark?

Comments

• Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2011
    I used photoshop...

but did use Corel draw, adobe illustrator and Text Effects in the past
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2011
    Photoshop.......I am sure if you know how to use the Gimp it could done or most any decent
    photo processing program that allow the making of transparent background png images
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2011
    There is also a tutorial here http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/1690196
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2011
    For the logo design I use Inkscape (free vector graphics program). For the watermark GIMP or any other photoshop will work.
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • Options
    orljustinorljustin Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2011
    KTLew wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, so if it isn't mods please move...but which program have most people used to design a logo and/or watermark?

Use whatever you know how to use.
  • Options
    DmanningDmanning Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2011
    I would suggest using a vector program (illustrator or something free). This will reduce your chances of any resolution problems as it will remain scalable to use at any size. Above all, keep it simple. Your logo should serve a purpose not be the focus.
  • Options
    pmbpropmbpro Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2011
    Dmanning wrote: »
    I would suggest using a vector program (illustrator or something free). This will reduce your chances of any resolution problems as it will remain scalable to use at any size. Above all, keep it simple. Your logo should serve a purpose not be the focus.

That's what I had done as well since I already had Illustrator for Design work.
    Several years ago, I had an Illustrator logo/icon and learned how to create a Photoshop action to import it into images after I found this video tutorial: http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/BrandingSM.mov
    I included it in my batch processing workflow back then and could just do something else while all hundreds of my photos were getting watermarked (and resizing, etc.). I have an Illustrator wordmark now, but still use the above method with the batch actions. I love how the action is done with just a click.
    pmb images
    Film/TV Stills Photography
    "When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." ~ Henry J. Kaiser
  • Options
    RagonRagon Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2011
    I used Illustrator myself.