Red Leaf - C & C please

tmelotmelo Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
edited January 5, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right forum or not but it made the most sense to me. Anyway, I took this at the park yesterday and looking for feedback. My first time posting for feedback so take it easy on the newb. :). Kidding of course.

I boosted the saturation and gave it more of a hard edge. All done in lightroom.

Thanks

5322241418_981157cd6b_z.jpg
Alone by TonyMaiello, on Flickr

Comments

• tmelotmelo Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2011
    Is it that bad of a shot? headscratch.gif
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2011
    Well, I thought some of the more experienced ones will chime in first. Here is my comment if I may:

The shot is nice. You had a vision and you made it into an image. You have an idea and you applied it in the post-processing. It is nice, but it can be better. You can introduce some more "contrast" to it like combining differences - soft and textured, bright and dark, warm and cold.

If this was my image, I'd probably make the leaf just like what you did but I'll make the bark (the background) with less contrast on the texture. Now, that will create the opposites. Also, I'll make the leaf radiant by being colorful (added saturation) while subduing the color and brightness of the background, another contrast of opposites. That's it. Thank you for listening. :D
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • woellerdwoellerd Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2011
    Some good thoughts by Jiro. I'll offer my opinions, and please remember it's just that ( my opinions ). I agree the bark is a bit too contrasty for my taste but the idea is right on. As far as composition, I don't mind the leaf facing left at all, but would have placed it a bit farther to the right so that it flows into the frame. it's possible that a polarizer on your lens would have reduced the glare on the leaf and given it a richer, fully saturated look. Again, just some thoughts for you to consider. A really good concept with much potential. Thanks for sharing.
    Dave Woeller

My Galleries: DWPhotoworks

My Blog Page: DWPhotoworksblog

Become a fan: DWPhotoworksfan
  • tmelotmelo Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2011
    Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. I'm still learning every day, and some things I still have to think about. They aren't second nature yet.