A Beautiful Day

chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
edited January 5, 2011 in Landscapes
The sky did not cooperate as planned yesterday morning at sunrise, there was not a cloud to be found. So I looked for a more intimate composition sans the sky and found a tier of rocks that had some nice water motion and reflected the light well. Thanks for looking. Canon 5D II, Nikon 14-24 with adapter, f/20ish, ISO 50, 0.4sec.

1146947351_Wknh3-XL.jpg

Comments

• Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2011
    Way to make Mother Nature work for you. Beautiful reflective light, and wonderful subtle color pallet.
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2011
    Thanks, Doug. Here's another one, more intimate, I took a few minutes prior, before the sun was above the horizon. It gives an interesting palette of colors as well, more pastel-like hues.

1147123591_Pgqkd-L.jpg
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2011
    Very nice. You nailed something that I need to work on in landscapes - tightening up the shot! I really like the feel of this...
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2011
    Both are great, Chris, but the second one is a very compelling abstract, would look great printed huge. Nice work! thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • TreyHoffTreyHoff Registered Users Posts: 388 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2011
    I too like the second shot....more abstract. Some parts of it look like a double exposure which I like. The flow and colors are compelling. Nice job.