Taylor with a twist

John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
edited September 18, 2005 in People
Inspiration from auraflora I tried running two actions(ethereal glow and draganize) on my grand daughter Taylor.
Also toning layer,lighting effects and a bunch of other stuff I don't recall.:dunno :):

36291250-M.jpg

Comments

• photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2005
    Inspiration from auraflora I tried running two actions(ethereal glow and draganize) on my grand daughter Taylor.
    Also toning layer,lighting effects and a bunch of other stuff I don't recall.ne_nau.gif:):
    I think the look is interesting, but I can't help but think the same thing can be accomplished by letting someone play in the dirt all day and then just wipe it away from their face with their dirty hands...results in dark nooks and crannies. I call it a mud filter.

Maybe softening would be in order to bring the child's glow forth ...to match those gorgeous eyes.
  • thdizzythdizzy Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2005
    photodoug wrote:
    I think the look is interesting, but I can't help but think the same thing can be accomplished by letting someone play in the dirt all day and then just wipe it away from their face with their dirty hands...results in dark nooks and crannies. I call it a mud filter.

Maybe softening would be in order to bring the child's glow forth ...to match those gorgeous eyes.
    You kidding? Kids playing in the dirt all day don't end up looking like that. They end up better and worse : )
    Todd Disraeli - Star, Idaho

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb
  • KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    I like it. The eye highlights work and I don't see it as dirty but more a beautiful little girl coming into the light. Nice job.thumb.gif
  • aurafloraauraflora Registered Users Posts: 471 Major grins
    Also toning layer,lighting effects and a bunch of other stuff I don't recall.ne_nau.gif:):

36291250-M.jpg
    Hi John,

This is a truly provocative image. It has a bit of a sad aura to it.

Taylor has such an amazing set of eyes, cheeks and lips.

Glad you started to doodle a bit (upon my inspiration )

Question: Is the toning layer part of photoshop or is it a download or plugin?

Michal
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    Does the draganize filter completely drop out the background? I'd love to see just a hint of it...

Beautiful image.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2005
    Thanks folks for looking and commenting.

Michal,the toning was a action downloaded from the same site as the others.Its call TLR.I used 3 tone effects.

David,the action has you paint black around the edges,I guess you could by-pass that step and see what happens.