Preview from Thailand

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited January 6, 2011 in People
Between family snapshots of the family and photos I took during our recent trip, I have over 3K pics to go through. I chugging away at them and am pretty happy with a lot of the shots, especially since I only had an ultra wide angle for most of the trip. I thought I'd post this one just to share one of my favorites and get some input.

This is the captain of the Junk Boat we took a trip on around Phuket island. He was such a nice fellow. I grabbed this shot of him and promised I would mail him a copy of it. Thing is I can decide which I prefer, the color or B&W. I think they both work but would like to hear your thoughts:

1148274246_XSv2d-X2.jpg

1148274295_nmo4v-X2.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2011
    I like them both, but the B&W makes the women in the bg seem more mysterious.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • oldovaloldoval Registered Users Posts: 456 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2011
    I'd say color. Nice wood tones on the boat.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2011
    Thanks Icebear. I see what you mean. That mystery lady is my mother-in-law, who I love. I'm very lucky to have a nice mom in law.

Oldoval... that's my struggle. I love the tonal value of the B&W on the captain's face but then I feel the wood tones of the boat are so nice in color. I will probably send him both of them but I am also going to make a photo book of our trip and I would like to include one of them, not both.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2011
    Oldoval... that's my struggle. I love the tonal value of the B&W on the captain's face but then I feel the wood tones of the boat are so nice in color. I will probably send him both of them but I am also going to make a photo book of our trip and I would like to include one of them, not both.

You could probably try this method to combine the 2 images as one. Use the b&w as your background layer. On top of it place the colored image and set the blending mode to COLOR. Now, you have the tonal values of the b&w layer and you have the color data on the other one combined. If you don't like the result... send him both pics! :D
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/