Options

Dgrin sick

jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
edited February 8, 2011 in Dgrin Forum Support
Something has been intermittently wrong with dgrin for the last hour or so. I'm getting intermittent very long response times, with some requests timing out and never completing. It's very unproductive to try to use dgrin right now. Tracert to dgrin looks normal. Not having issues with any other sites.
--John
HomepagePopular
JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
Always include a link to your site when posting a question

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2011
    Ops is on it thank you.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited January 6, 2011
    Seems to be working normally for me now. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Seems to be working normally for me now. ne_nau.gif

Still gets "stuck" from time to time.

edit: Like this reply taking 30 sec. to post.
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2011
    dgrin is still sick. Regularly takes 20-30 secs to open a thread or reply to msg.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2011
    Yeah, same here.
  • Options
    shanemeyersshanemeyers Registered Users, Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 7 moderator
    edited January 6, 2011
    I took a look and have not found anything obvious that would explain the slow downs. Please let me know if they persist.
    Shane Meyers
    Operations Engineer at SmugMug
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited January 6, 2011
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited January 6, 2011
    John, I have had the same experience intermittently over the last day or two, also.

Very long response times, and failure to complete the link at times - very unusual performance. Right now, at 11 pm seems to be working fine though.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2011
    It seems to be back to normal now. Hope it lasts. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2011
    Intermittent hanging and timeouts here, too. Working better this morning, however.
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2011
    Haven't seen any issues in the last 12 hours. Seems better now.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    aquaticvideographeraquaticvideographer Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    It's gotten really slow for me again, and more often than not, pages time out.
  • Options
    shanemeyersshanemeyers Registered Users, Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 7 moderator
    edited January 10, 2011
    It's gotten really slow for me again, and more often than not, pages time out.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll take another look and see if I can figure out what is going on.
    Shane Meyers
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2011
    I think I identified a reason for the slowdown this morning. I have put a fix in place. Please let me know if you still experience problems.
    Shane Meyers
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2011
    I think I identified a reason for the slowdown this morning. I have put a fix in place. Please let me know if you still experience problems.
    I'm seeing very spotty response, timeouts and connection resets right now. Hope this posts.
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited January 11, 2011
    Hey Shane,

We don't have the same problem here that we had on ADVrider, do we? There we were using MyISAM tables (vBulletin defaults) which lock when the concurrency gets high, so we switched them to InnoDB and problem solved.
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2011
    My fix yesterday didn't seem to do the trick. I noticed that the slowness yesterday and today were both around 4am. I have located what I think to be the root of the 4am slowness problem and have put a fix in. Hopefully this solves the problem.
    Shane Meyers
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2011
    Sorry to be a nag. Was locked out of Dgrin for about 1/2 hour just now. Not sure why-my internet connection is working fine...just thought I would pass that on in case others have been having the same issue.
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2011
    Sorry to be a nag. Was locked out of Dgrin for about 1/2 hour just now. Not sure why-my internet connection is working fine...just thought I would pass that on in case others have been having the same issue.

http://status.smugmug.com/services/entire-site

we had a problem. Back now.
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2011

+1 - Also couldn't get into my SM account.

va

Email
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2011
    Flyinggina wrote: »
    +1 - Also couldn't get into my SM account.

va

http://status.smugmug.com/services/entire-site
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2011
    Hi Andy...thanks for this update. Just FYI, I didn't realize that Dgrin was a "SmugMug Service" and it's not listed as one of the services here:

http://status.smugmug.com/

Might be confusing for others too? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2011
    Hi Andy...thanks for this update. Just FYI, I didn't realize that Dgrin was a "SmugMug Service" and it's not listed as one of the services here:

http://status.smugmug.com/

Might be confusing for others too? ne_nau.gif

I see now that Dgrin is now up there on the Status board as a SmugMug Service, so thanks for adding that.