We bring imagination to life.

Village IdiotVillage Idiot Registered Users Posts: 215 Major grins
edited January 11, 2011 in People
Ended up using two packs and 4 lights. 3 were actually used for the photo and the 4th was attached to one of the packs to bleed power.

This is for week one of the Lighting Essentials project. It was to come up with a mission statement and a photo around your house to show the mission statement. We bring imagination to life is about all I have for a mission statement right now, but the photo idea jumped right into my head.

5329464964_0e1e4e2eef_z.jpg
On a scale of 1 to 10, my awesomeness goes all the way to 11.

Comments

• r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2011
    I LOVE z-land. This is a really good picture. I would have liked to have seen it with more zombies outside (i do love the silhouette though) and maybe a gun or ten next to the recliner lol.

EDIT: I"m not sure how many other people would recognize the scene from the zland intro though.

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2011
    This is a really cool shot. Exactly what goes through my mind whenever I see zombie flicks. I don't believe in monsters... don't believe in ghosts or spirits... and not even aliens from other planets. But for whatever reason, zombies freak me out. So much so that I've read quite a bit of information on how to improve your chances of survival during a zombie apocalypse. You'd be surprised how much info is on the net.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2011
    I absolutely love the concept and creativity! clap.gif Anything else I have to say is a nit and likely to personal taste, so take or leave it as you will. thumb.gif

I'm not a fan of the utter black void in the right of the frame, perhaps because it makes the television look like it's floating in space. I want a hint of wall and floor behind it, just a smidge, to ground it and perhaps lend some texture to the photo.

The light on the gentleman's forearm and stomach is brighter than that on his face, which doesn't match up with the spill of light from the television in my head. I would expect the light to be more even, for a more physically accurate TV glow, or brighter on his face for artistic purposes.

The light below the zombie's lower arm distracts me from the main subject's face. If that light could be positioned more behind the shadowy figure to avoid the spotlight effect, I think it would help keep the focus where you want it.

I love the image regardless! Well done.
  • NihilationNihilation Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited January 6, 2011
    Thumbs up. I second that there should be a gun of some sort next to the chair.
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2011
    This is AWESOME!!!! One of my favorite movies too :-)

I also wish there were guns, or maybe a Twinkie in his hand? ;-)
    Canon Fan
  • r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2011
    This is AWESOME!!!! One of my favorite movies too :-)

I also wish there were guns, or maybe a Twinkie in his hand? ;-)
    Yeeeessssss!!! A "GD" Twinkie lol.

And a poster of Bill F*****N Murray on the wall lol

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2011
    Wow, you get an 11....
    Very creative and well executed!
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Registered Users Posts: 215 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    I have a cricket bat that I bought when I was Shaun from Shaun of the Dead last Halloween and I thought about trying that out in the photos, but the idea was to do something that shows our mission statement, and with "We bring imagination to life", I wanted a creepy atmosphere and everything that was happening while the guy in the chair was asleep. So it's like he has no idea there's a zed on his back door and wasn't expecting it; one moment you're watching Zombieland, the next you're sitting on your couch looking for CDs and buckets to throw at zombies.

The twinkie is a good idea though.
    On a scale of 1 to 10, my awesomeness goes all the way to 11.
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2011
    The twinkie is a good idea though.

"Is it too much to ask for"
    rolleyes1.gif
    Yo soy Reynaldo