Options

Business Branding and Logos Ideas C&C

Albert DicksonAlbert Dickson Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
edited January 7, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
I am currently looking at the strength of my brand. Business name, Logo Etc.. This involves so much these days with cultivating web presence and generating traffic. Not to imply that a quality strong product isnt the first order of business but a strong Name and brand is very powerfull too.
I have used "Whetstone Imagery" for a few years now with a slogan of "Creating an Edge". How do you folks think this holds up for 1st impressions, Web search, etc... What are your thoughts along this line. We all have struggled with this at one time or another. My current brand/name has a modest but not to shabby Google search strength that I am not super eager to abandon but if I am ever going to rebuild my brand and strengthen my web presence I have decided now is the time.
Help please!! I am eager to hear your thoughts

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,275 moderator
    edited January 6, 2011
    I don't see a problem with the name, but I do think there is a disconnect with using the name of Whetstone Imagery and a URL of http://www.albert-dickson.com/. Why not use a matching name and URL? I'd also recommend setting up an email address that matches your domain. You can forward that to your cableone.net address so you don't need to check two emails - but a matching email address feels more professional than using your cable provider's address.

Your logo doesn't do anything for me - the image of the sword just doesn't work. It has nothing to do with photography, seems like you were searching for something to match your "creating an edge".

--- Denise
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,462 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2011
    SEO-wise, I suggest ditching the tag "Whetstone Imagery, Fine Photography,Creating An Edge -- Albert Dickson Photographer, Boise, Idaho" and use something that includes what you do and where your located (like you do already). Who is going to search for your business name? Not many I'm sure.

Read my article about SEO for the Photographer in my sig.
  • Options
    Albert DicksonAlbert Dickson Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2011
    Thanks for the thoughts.
    Denise, you are correct about the inconsistencies and I am already fixing that one. The new site domian will Be WhetstoneImagery.com and the email has been established to match.

Mike, I am taking notes. You bring up a good point. I do need to create a signature that says who, what , where, and use it consistantly to gain momentum with search engines.

I do appreciate your feed back.