Options

Montreal, Quebec - Old Montreal

PierreBPierreB Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
edited January 15, 2011 in Location, Location, Location!
Here are a few of my favorites from in the city at night (I also have day images, but I love night photography)

A few of the city line from my favorite spot. They were done on different days, as weather conditions will change the look and feel in the water
5015748375_1c5d43e337.jpg
5105949499_69cc638976.jpg

Old Montreal is a gorgeous place for photography, day or night, summer or winter. Here are a series from around Old Montreal
Night skate
[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4044/4275044733_d16d072eca.jpg[/img Marché Bonesecours[/img]4839726178_fb80f6e6f4.jpg
The Bonsecours chapel
4275044059_b5b364097a.jpg
"If your picture isn't good enough, you're not close enough."
- Robert Capa

Comments

• Options
    lfortierlfortier Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2011
    Very nice work.

If you get the chance, you've got to shoot Old Quebec City.
  • Options
    PierreBPierreB Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    I've been there a few times, but not since I've been doing photography, at least not for an extended period of time.

Last time I was there was for the free Cirque du Soleil show they have under the highway. Really fun.
    There were a lot of people there, but I arrived early and managed to get right in front. While I wasn't fully equipped with camera gear, I did manage to get some decent shots. :)
    "If your picture isn't good enough, you're not close enough."
    - Robert Capa

• Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2011
    Both Old Montreal and Quebec City are incredibly picturesque. If you venture further east, there are even more scenic locations throughout the Maritime provinces. Saint John, in New Brunswick, is Canada's oldest incorporated city and has just celebrated its 225th birthday. Some of the buildings are amazing - like the old City Market (1st farmer's market ever built in Canada - large open stone structure similar to the one in Boston - but smaller). Then there's Trinity Church with it's copper spire and many stained glass windows.

Halifax, in Nova Scotia; Charlottetown in PEI; and most of the tiny places in between offer endless opportunities for unique photos. Then there's Newfoundland and Labrador - I could (and often do) go on. Sorry. Come and see us.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    chrisjohnsonchrisjohnson Registered Users Posts: 771 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2011
    I lived in Montreal for a couple of years and fell in love with the city. My favorite time for photos was the winter when the city becomes unreal: bright blue skies and heat clouds drifting like smoke in the freezing air. My photos are all prints, otherwise I would post them.

Maybe because I am European I managed to walk through the old town without noticing it. I had set off with my camera to shoot in the old town and thought I had got lost until I asked in schoolboy French where it was and got told that I was standing in the middle of it.

The other time is the fall, just after the first frosts, when the surrounding countryside explodes with color. The rivers run fast and it is simply spectacular. "Je me souviens".
  • Options
    grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,534 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2011
    Beautiful series with wonderful light. Nice work.