Options

Laptop Steering Wheel Desk

kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
edited January 10, 2011 in The Big Picture
Does anybody have any experience with this product? I'm thinking it might be handy to be able to edit photos while driving home from a shoot.

http://www.amazon.com/Wheelmate-Laptop-Steering-Wheel-Desk/dp/B000IZGIA8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1294262532&sr=8-1

Be sure to look at the product pictures, and read the reviews. They're the best part. :wink

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited January 6, 2011
    So, were you shopping for one of these? rolleyes1.gif

I noticed that the most popular tag was WTF.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited January 6, 2011
    This is truly frightening. I can't believe what some people do when they should be focusing on the task at hand - driving!

--- Denise
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2011
    I hate to admit it, but I have been in a vehicle while one of these was used. And it worked perfectly. About 5 years ago I was traveling with one of our local sales reps, and we had an appointment cancel. He pulled into a 7-11 parking lot, parked the car, went in got a soda, took the desk out of the trunk and attached it. He then proceeded to put his organizer on the desk and started to work the phones. It actually worked well. He was much more comfortable than me with my organizer on my lap.

But I do agree that the idea is silly looking and I am sure that someone has used it while driving.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,203 moderator
    edited January 6, 2011
    I assume you will be visiting DGrin or Smugmug while you are driving or otherwise in your car. Bless you!

I'm joking about the while driving part. mwink.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    SKnightSKnight Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2011
    I'll be honest I could use one of these, I travel most every day and the email or schedule changes never stop. But I do. I gotta admit though it would be nice to have.

But as said, some chucklehead will try to drive with it.
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2011
    As a sales person I could use one of these as well. It is quite difficult to get the laptop balanced with the steering wheel, center console, and legs. Laptops get hot too.deal.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    Laughing.gif - ummmm would this fall under texting while driving?