Options

Elegant Wedding Cd/Dvd Cases locations to buy.

Mark DickinsonMark Dickinson Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
edited February 18, 2013 in Weddings
Fellow photogs, I currently get a few of the dvd cases from : http://www.whcc.com/products/boxes-and-cases/cd-cases/

I was wishing smugmug/bay/ez would have the opportunity to get these directly here. They are not TOO expensive, but the standard black fabric or other material is around 26.00 with shipping included. (22.00 for 6 or more). Were there any locations that anyone has come across any that are reasonable within the 5-12.00 range for a bulk order. I've searched for a bit here, but there are so many, direct ship, ebay bulk ones that I am not confident in the quality.

Mark
www.mdpstore.com
www.markdickinsonphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    J.G.McClainJ.G.McClain Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited January 6, 2011
    Mark,

We have used Loktah in the past, very nice case, and they do some branding printing as well.

http://www.loktah.com/
    Jason G. McClain
    Melissa McClain Photography
    www.melissamcclainphotography.com
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2011
    Cd
    Jason,

Thank you very much for that information. I do appreciate it very much!

Mark
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    Mark,

We have used Loktah in the past, very nice case, and they do some branding printing as well.

http://www.loktah.com/

I'm in love with Loktah, i've been looking into them for a while now. I have not purchased anything from them yet, but all that stuff just look soooo yummy! Have you seen their new Amazon collection?
    I would like to offer something different than everybody else does. Also, with so many online album companies out there, brides just can go and do albums themselves, so i want to offer something they can't get otherwise anywhere else. wings.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2011
    I just placed a sample order, I'll let you know when it comes in:)

It looks unique and fun. Also matched out theme of ev friendly
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2011
    I just placed a sample order, I'll let you know when it comes in:)

It looks unique and fun. Also matched out theme of ev friendly

Yes, please let us know how you like it!! clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2011
    ShepsMom wrote: »
    Yes, please let us know how you like it!! clap.gif

Has anyone looked on eBay? Here's a link some interesting wedding CD/DVD cases. The silver plated picture frame/CD-DVD case looks nice...and certainly fills a niche for bumping up the quality a bit for burn and shoot weddings at the lower end.

Some of them look expensive, but the price is for 4 or 5 cases. When you figure the individual price, it's less than $20. I don't know about the quality...never used them.

Hope this helps.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=wedding+CD+cases&_sacat=See-All-Categories
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2011
    Ok, the verdict is in. I am not too much of a fan of these due to the scratches they will create on the disc. I could put the disc in a sleeve, then in the Loktah cases. They feel amazing, look good and have a very custom handmade feel. The downfall, (see youtube video) is the ease of getting the disc in and out. While most people are smart, it will take 2 out of 10 clients to scratch them and request a replacement, at 1.5hr per disc to burn. If you are ok with putting the disc in a sleeve then, these ROCK!
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2011
    Ok, the verdict is in. I am not too much of a fan of these due to the scratches they will create on the disc. I could put the disc in a sleeve, then in the Loktah cases. They feel amazing, look good and have a very custom handmade feel. The downfall, (see youtube video) is the ease of getting the disc in and out. While most people are smart, it will take 2 out of 10 clients to scratch them and request a replacement, at 1.5hr per disc to burn. If you are ok with putting the disc in a sleeve then, these ROCK!

Wow, thank you so much, you got the pretty quick. I actually wanted to try their albums, but i hate designing them, but they maybe worth it. Are you planning on trying their albums? Laughing.gif:)
    Oh, and thank you for the review, if they look that amazing, i wouldn't mind using sleeves for CD
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2011
    Yes, They are VERY NICE, The amazon series comes out with an actual holder to put the CD in so that it doesnt slide. Their customer service is amazing, I emailed, he got the information, troubleshot it with me to determine if I had the beeswax cases, and offered to swap them out for the amazon when they start shipping.

I love the feel of these, I might use them with a sleeve as well not sure yet.
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2011
    I got dvd case for my couple from Loktah, it's very nice!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150205197337758.321064.100250297757

I want to try another one, dvd and a mini book combo. :D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2011
    Just FYI the lokta ones even with bees wax coat scratched my cd and DVDs after otyying them in (just the sleeve ones)

Other than that I love them too
  • Options
    Stuart-MStuart-M Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2011
    I find a standard DVD case (decent quality one), with cover design (similar to the design I print on the disc) seems to go down well with clients, DVD cases that look like mini albums just seem a bit tacky to me TBH. After all, it's not like they are going to be putting the DVD case on their coffee table to show people etc.
  • Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2011
    Stuart-M wrote: »
    I find a standard DVD case (decent quality one), with cover design (similar to the design I print on the disc) seems to go down well with clients, DVD cases that look like mini albums just seem a bit tacky to me TBH. After all, it's not like they are going to be putting the DVD case on their coffee table to show people etc.

I'm completely on the other side of the page with this....The leather-look, photo cover cd case goes on an easel when showing clients product options. The case always "wows" them in a way that a standard plastic case can't. Plus it won't be so easily lost in years to come among their other media. (The focus wasn't on the dvd case here, but it gives you an idea.)
    i-vZRPz3d-L.jpg
  • Options
    naphotonaphoto Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 17, 2013
    Affordable, quality CD/DVD cases
    If you were still looking for quality yet affordable cases, at $9.50 subject to volume order, for one or two discs, let us know and send you some samples.clap.gif
    Fellow photogs, I currently get a few of the dvd cases from : http://www.whcc.com/products/boxes-and-cases/cd-cases/

I was wishing smugmug/bay/ez would have the opportunity to get these directly here. They are not TOO expensive, but the standard black fabric or other material is around 26.00 with shipping included. (22.00 for 6 or more). Were there any locations that anyone has come across any that are reasonable within the 5-12.00 range for a bulk order. I've searched for a bit here, but there are so many, direct ship, ebay bulk ones that I am not confident in the quality.

Mark
    www.mdpstore.com
    www.markdickinsonphotography.com
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited February 18, 2013
    naphoto wrote: »
    If you were still looking for quality yet affordable cases, at $9.50 subject to volume order, for one or two discs, let us know and send you some samples.clap.gif

Who is the "we?" ne_nau.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky