Friday Night Lights

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited September 17, 2005 in People
Thousand Oaks High School was hosting the first game of the season (TOHS vs Buena).
TOHS band (where one of my daughters plays), along with the dance team, was filling the half-time.

Here are few shots.

Beat Buena!
36322982-L.jpg

Game moment:
36321908-L.jpg

Crowd cheered
36323764-L.jpg

"Green hole"
36323525-L.jpg

Dance team: high kick
36321232-L.jpg

Dance team: finale
36321258-L.jpg

Band is ready to play:
36318807-L.jpg

"Band on the run":
36319636-L.jpg

First game of the season has been won!
36323815-L.jpg

Rest of tonight's plunder is here: http://nik.smugmug.com/School/21350

Details: 20D, ISO 3200, shot raw, processed a bit in PC CS2 (I *love* Camera Raw feature!)
Field shots: Tamron 70-300 LD, tripod, remote (man, I need a faster IS lens for this!:dunno )
Crowd shots: Canon "kit" 18-55, handheld (look, Ma, practically no noise at 3200!:clap )

Enjoy Friday Night Shooting!
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2005
    Great shots Nikolai! Went to your sight and checked out the band photos too.

My son is in his schools marching band but no home game this week so I had the night off. But they have a marching competition tonight, so I'll be snapping away!

Thanks for sharing your photos, they were great.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2005
    Thanks Mark!
    mrcoons wrote:
    Great shots Nikolai! Went to your sight and checked out the band photos too.

My son is in his schools marching band but no home game this week so I had the night off. But they have a marching competition tonight, so I'll be snapping away!

Thanks for sharing your photos, they were great.
    This school stuff is great for photo practicing, ain't it?:-)
    You run into almost every possible most challenging situation: low light, fast action, long and fast changing distances.. Learn how to deal with them - and you'll be prepared for practically everything!

Cheers!
    "May the f/stop be with you!"