Saguaro NP on a winter morning

philipsnyderphilipsnyder Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited January 8, 2011 in Landscapes

Comments

• philipsnyderphilipsnyder Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited January 7, 2011
    west 2 BASE.jpg

A little bigger. I'll figure out the best sizing. I also seem to have lost some saturation and clarity in the larger image. Any suggestions?Thanks.
  • TreyHoffTreyHoff Registered Users Posts: 388 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2011
    Nice subdued light and misty background. The cacti seems to go on and on. Good job.
    edited January 7, 2011
    west 2 BASE.jpg

That's a little better (at least on my monitor). If you feel like commenting, let me know if you feel it is under or over saturated. This is more what it looks like on paper.
  • senorjaxsenorjax Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2011
    I love Saguaro, the cactus and the park. Very nice image. One thing that might've been nice would be to have gotten the whole cactus on the right in the frame. And I think the first image looks better in my monitor.
    Jay
    edited January 7, 2011
    senorjax wrote: »
    I love Saguaro, the cactus and the park. Very nice image. One thing that might've been nice would be to have gotten the whole cactus on the right in the frame. And I think the first image looks better in my monitor.

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback on the difference between the two images. I'll go with what looks good on my monitor and assume it translates over. The second image is too saturated on mine.

Is there a particular color space (sRGB, AdobeRGB) and image size that people here prefer to get the best look on their posted images?
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2011
    Because of SmugMug I am used to working in sRGB but IIRC some browsers are more color-aware than others. So what you see isn't necessarily what others will, anyway.

Someone geekier than me can weight in.

BTW, welcome!
    edited January 7, 2011
    west 10 BASE copy copy.jpg

Thank you for the welcome. And the advice on formatting the images.

Here is another image from later the same morning. It can be hard to find two saguaros close together in this type of condition. Interesting, if not artistic.

Sometimes when you wander...
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2011
    Can you repost the first one bigger?

Love the effect on the 2nd and 3rd- almost a painterly effect like seen in old books.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
    edited January 8, 2011
    west 5 BASE.jpg

Thanks, Aaron. The first one got kind of messed up by me in misformating the image size. For some reason, it became really saturated. The second and third are the same image, just further enlarged. The second appears to be normal saturation on my monitor, and the third appearing too saturated. On paper it is probably somewhere in the middle of 2 and 3. BTW, I enjoyed looking at the images on your site. Very nice.

This one is also the same morning, somewhat similar look.
    edited January 8, 2011
    west 3 BASE copy.jpg

And a prickly pear cactus.
    edited January 8, 2011
    _DSC1895 copy.jpg

This image was taken a few weeks ago in Catalina State Park, AZ. Located just a little ways north of Tucson. About 20 minutes from my house.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    this is a very pleasing photo; serene in a way. The saguaro go on forever.