Options

Determining Which Items Can be Purchased

peatlandpeatland Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited January 7, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi,

I recently came across the "hide items that can not be purchased" option which raised a question for me...How can I customize what sizes or items are for sale? Specifically, I would like to make 4x6 and 5x7 prints hidden from the "Buy" option--how do I do that?

www.josephrocchiophotography.com

Thank you!

joe

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,261 moderator
    edited January 7, 2011
    Set the price to 0 (zero) for items that you don't wish to be available for purchase.

From the help page at http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing -
    If you want a product unavailable for purchase by your customers, you must price it at $0.00.
    --- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2011
    Hi Denise,

That was what I assumed but when I try that, the items (e.g., 4x6) still show up for purchase but at the default price (e.g., $0.21). I am setting prices via the Pro tab in the Control Panel---maybe I'm doing that wrong?

thanks joe
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,261 moderator
    edited January 7, 2011
    peatland wrote: »
    That was what I assumed but when I try that, the items (e.g., 4x6) still show up for purchase but at the default price (e.g., $0.21). I am setting prices via the Pro tab in the Control Panel---maybe I'm doing that wrong?
    Look at the prices when you are logged out.

As the logged in owner of the site you will see the default prices for everything. You should also see an indication that the item is not for sale. I'll attach an example of a size / finish I don't offer on my site (when I am logged in). Options to purchase a 4x6 glossy print are not shown to viewers of my site.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2011
    Hi Denise,

I tried that as well but the base cost still shows up. I even tried from my work computer and the issue remained. Are the 4x6 and 5x7 prints purchase options hidden when you view my images?

Just to make sure I'm setting prices correctly...when you set them via the Pro tab in the Control Panel---once I save the prices I set is that applied globally across all my galleries OR do I need to do something else to 'apply' those setting to each individual gallery?

A related question is whether you can customize pricing for individual galleries?

Thanks,

joe
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2011
    You've only set prices on some items. You MUST set the price to $0 on items you do not want to sell. PORTFOLIO pricing will apply globally across your whole site.
    http://www.josephrocchiophotography.com/help/print-pricing
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2011
    Thanks, Andy. That worked. I guess if I would read the help files a bit close I might find the answer(s) I need.

Appreciate your help as well, Denise.

Joe