Options

DSS#67....second try, looking for feedback please

ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
edited January 9, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm not sure if this is going to say glass to anyone, but I kinda like the way it turned out,
wondering what anyone else thinks, or is my head cold just really getting the best of me on this theme:huh

1. Inside Looking Out
1150025319_mmFPK-L.jpg
Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    I really like this one. I'd have a bit more of her finger tips pressed on the glass to give more indication of looking through the glass. The lighting could be a smidge brighter to sharpen her up. It looks just a teeny bit flat to me.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2011
    Patti wrote: »
    I really like this one. I'd have a bit more of her finger tips pressed on the glass to give more indication of looking through the glass. The lighting could be a smidge brighter to sharpen her up. It looks just a teeny bit flat to me.

Thanks so much for the feedback Patti, you are very right, it does look flat. I can try to reshoot, but I just really like the expression and her eyes, and doubt I could get that again. I did play some more in post to sharpen and brighten, plus try to get the fingers more pressed, how does this one look?

1150258724_WWTvn-L.jpg
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,278 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    I really like this one, too. If there's any way to reshoot, try to get her nose pressed up against the glass. If not, leave it alone--it does say glass to me, and I love her expression.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    No I like rhe original better. The fingertips look over processed now. Can you brighten just her eye a smidge?
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    iloveyou.gif
    love the subtle approach here.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2011
    Patti wrote: »
    No I like rhe original better. The fingertips look over processed now. Can you brighten just her eye a smidge?

I will work on it some more, thanks for your suggestions!
    iloveyou.gif
    love the subtle approach here.

Thanks Liziloveyou.gif
    Karin

• Options
    oldtown_dreameroldtown_dreamer Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2011
    i like the original better. it does say glass, subtly, but it does. and she's just precious.

- Diana
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2011
    i like the original better. it does say glass, subtly, but it does. and she's just precious.

Thanks Diana, I made some slight adjustments on the first one and have entered it, I appreciate your commentsiloveyou.gif
    Karin

• Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2011
    I like the original. It absolutely says glass.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.