Options

How to determine what the crop size is?

MJoliatMJoliat Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited January 9, 2011 in Finishing School
I've seen on many posts where the person state that image x is a 100% (or some other number) crop of the original. How are they determining this? Does it state it somewhere in the software or is it just an educated guess? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    MJoliat wrote: »
    I've seen on many posts where the person state that image x is a 100% (or some other number) crop of the original. How are they determining this? Does it state it somewhere in the software or is it just an educated guess? Thanks!
    its resolution
    if you crop your original image , its 100%
    if you scale down half [ in pixels per inch , not dimensions ] and then crop , its 50%
  • Options
    davegdaveg Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 9, 2011
    A 100% crop is taking (for instance) 800x600 pixels from an image without interpolation.

In Photoshop you can use guides to accurately map out a portion of the centre of a larger SOC image. If you then use a FREE crop tool to crop out the unwanted pixels the portion which is left is an un-interpolated 100% crop.

DG
  • Options
    MJoliatMJoliat Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2011
    So if I understand you guys, it doesn't really matter how much of the picture you actually cropped from the original, it will still be a 100% crop (it's 100% of the crop you made)? Thanks for the info.