Formula 3 & Gt racing

SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
edited September 17, 2005 in Sports
The British Formula 3 & Gt championships are at Mondello Park, Ireland this weekend. A couple of pics from todays practice:

The two ferraris in this pic are first and second in the gt championship.

36349603-L.jpg

36349606-L.jpg

Bruno Senna, afaik a nephew of Aryton Senna

36341454-L.jpg

and on the track

36341460-L.jpg

Shay.

Comments

• SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2005
    nice set of shots. Especially like the back end shot of the ferrari's. thumb.gif
  • SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    SnapHappy wrote:
    nice set of shots. Especially like the back end shot of the ferrari's. thumb.gif
    It's the only one I really like as well. Thanks Darren.
  • maczippymaczippy Registered Users Posts: 597 Major grins
    Hey Seamus!

The Ferrari shot is nice, although (and it's just a suggestion) you might want to crop a little closer (to remove the sky and pylon) and maybe give it a little rotation (left side down) just to create some off kilter interest.

By cropping and removing the white sky and plyon, you *might* be able to pull out some heat haze from the back of the cars.

Nice colour btw.

Andrew :)

(Shame the hand is in the way with the helmet portrait...)
    AutoMotoPhoto® Motorcycle Racing Photography
    Next Race - MotoGP Donington
    :ivar

maczippy wrote:
    Hey Seamus!

The Ferrari shot is nice, although (and it's just a suggestion) you might want to crop a little closer (to remove the sky and pylon) and maybe give it a little rotation (left side down) just to create some off kilter interest.

By cropping and removing the white sky and plyon, you *might* be able to pull out some heat haze from the back of the cars.

Nice colour btw.

Andrew :)

(Shame the hand is in the way with the helmet portrait...)
    Thanks for the help Andrew, I really appreciate itthumb.gif .

I cropped the first shot :

36362011-L.jpg

I have been looking at your pics and I did notice that you rotate some of your pics. I don't think this one can be improved much but I'm going back tomorrow for the racing so I can try againmwink.gif

Thanks again for the help,

Shay.
  • maczippymaczippy Registered Users Posts: 597 Major grins
    I think it would look a bit better rotated the other way (i get my lefts and right mixed up you know - ask my wife...)...

As for rotating, I usually do it whilst shooting rather than in post. It's odd but I keep track of what I shoot and think, okay, I have that, now lets go into wacky mode and do a batch in one way (in fact it has been noted by others witnessing said camera tilting that the camera eventually ends almost upside down..)

But going back to your image, do you see how it brought out the heat from the cars?

Do you shoot RAW or full size jpegs?

Andrew:0
    AutoMotoPhoto® Motorcycle Racing Photography
    Next Race - MotoGP Donington
    :ivar

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    Always nice to see your racing shots seamus. We should do a swap one day as your sky is grey & background vivd green...my sky is blue with dead grass for a back drop.
    Humungus wrote:
    Always nice to see your racing shots seamus. We should do a swap one day as your sky is grey & background vivd green...my sky is blue with dead grass for a back drop.
    anytime Gusrolleyes1.gif , it's going into winter here, rain and gales for 7 months. I got absolutely soaked last thursday on the bike, i spent the entire journey cursing my ancestors for being so law abiding. Why couldn't they have stolen some of trevallion's corn rolleyes1.gif

The pics today weren't great, practice is needed for photogs as well as driversmwink.gif ,

Hopefully I will get some better ones tomorrow.
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    Seamus wrote:
    Why couldn't they have stolen some of trevallion's corn rolleyes1.gif

lol3.gif
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    These are some nice shots! I like what you did with the angle too. My
    fave is probably the helmet portrait. Though it's too bad about the
    guy standing in front.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?