Options

Jin Mao/Grand Hyatt

damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
edited July 12, 2004 in Landscapes
The Jin Mao Building is the 3rd tallest building in the world after the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (considered one building), and the Sears Tower in Chicago. Inside, from the 54th to the 85th floors, is the Grand Hyatt, Shanghai. Here is the building, the view up from the lobby, and the view down from the 85th. I need to go back because these didn't turn out too well...

5738942-L.jpg

5738943-L.jpg

5738944-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2004
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one stared at while making pictures like this :D I like them a lot, but it's strange seeing buildingpics from you! I like the last one the best, but "they didn't turn out so well" is probably about the slight lack of focus..it could be sharper? I just got back from those Petronas Towers in KL but onfortunately did't make it to go up. I made these;

5660725-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2004
    Hey Simone. Yeah, definitely a focus/aperture issue. They looked fine on the lcd...how are the towers in person? Awesome??
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2004
    Yeah, but most of all huge!! Last year I was there on some kind of National day and the towerlights had all kind of colours; beautiful! Too bad I have no pics of that. Another one of last tuesday:

5739125-L.jpg

I look forward to the new pics of the Hyatt!
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2004
    Nice. Now I'm inspired for tomorrow...thanks Simone.
  • Options
    PUREVILPUREVIL Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2004
    damonff wrote:
    Nice. Now I'm inspired for tomorrow...thanks Simone.

Wow those are some really amazing shots! That first pic of the Petronas (SP?) Towers should be sold as a post card! WOW!

The composition of the first building is great! It is a lil fuzzy at the top but you know that. Keep it up guys!