Nepotism

afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
edited January 11, 2011 in People
It's been a long time since I've posted.

I just wanted to share a couple of my daughters senior photos we've taken. She changed her hair color a couple times, but it's still her. I kinda dig this kid...(she's the school mascot, hence the bird feet)

A.A13.jpg

B.s10.jpg

C.L12.jpg

D. L5.jpg

E. 6.jpg

F. 3a.jpg

G. S1.jpg

H. s16.jpg
Well, I guess you would call me... genus, humanus... Alice.
http://aliceswonderland.smugmug.com/

Comments

• IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2011
    What a pretty young woman! These are such nice shots. Have a look at "H" though, and see if you don't think there's a blue cast. Look at her feet for instance. Check your white balance on that one.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2011
    All lovely but wow...."G"!
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2011
    Is she frozen stiff or scared witless? Her expression in most of these seems to lack any warmth at all.
  • afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2011
    John--I do see the blue in that last shot...I also think her skin tone is a bit off in some of the shots now that I look a bit more closely. I'll have to look at that more closely once we decide which shot(s) she will use for her announcements.

Rey--Thanks for the comment on G..this may be my fave as well. The snow shots are new however, so I'm still a bit compelled by those, we don't get snow in Texas very often so it's a bit like photographing her with a herd of unicorn.

Webster--she is an awkward bird and definitely not comfortable in front of the camera. I also think teens have a tendency to take themselves a bit serious at times. Here is one of my personal faves--(which she has no intention of using for her announcements.) s112.jpg
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2011
    Is she frozen stiff or scared witless? Her expression in most of these seems to lack any warmth at all.
    afev0602 wrote: »
    she is an awkward bird and definitely not comfortable in front of the camera.
    That's why the big challenge with portraits is not composition or lighting or post production - it's about revealing personality, even when this is hidden or resisted.
    afev0602 wrote: »
    Here is one of my personal faves.
    Mine too - of the examples you've provided! thumb.gif
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2011
    Wow. Look at those amazing colors, cloth textures, and that... that lovely eye color. Just wow! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • TravelTravel Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2011
    #3 with the blue scarf is great!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    Very nice set. I like G best. I think if you cropped B in closer to lose that snow blob at the top, B could be a close second.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    I really like these......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• MileHighAkoMileHighAko Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    Great choice in fonts for the overlay. Stunning young woman, you should be very proud.
  • KsjonesKsjones Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    these are great! Her eyes are beautiful!!
    My Website

-K. Spencer Jones
  • Test-PilotTest-Pilot Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    Mascot, huh? Looks like she should be Prom Queen.
  • afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    Thanks for the responses folks, I really do appreciate it and am continue to lean toward G for her announcements myself.....As for the fonts, I picked up some cute ones a free website refont.com which has been fun to use.
  • l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    B is my favorite, I even kind of like the snow blob, makes her one with the environment.

She looks like two different people between the second and the third, amazing what changing up a scarf will do. Not too keen on the ones with her blonde hair, the brown is much more flattering on her. The snow shots are my favorite, but that's just the jealousy talking, that storm didn't quite get south enough for us to get snow :(

I think my favorite part is her name! Great decision on that one! My husband used my name (also "Lauren") as his pick up line - seriously. The third sentence I ever heard him say was "you have the most beautiful name in the world" he later added "after seeing you, I now know why" sounds cheesy, but it worked!
  • onsiteimageryonsiteimagery Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 11, 2011
    "B" or "G", can't go wrong on either...but when she looks back on 2010 will the one with snow draw more emotion and memories due to the rarity of the white stuff...and I'm sure the photo shoot