Options

Using Lightscribe, Disc not dark enough? Here's a fix!

Mark DickinsonMark Dickinson Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
edited January 18, 2011 in Finishing School
Hi lightscribers, I wanted to share a little trick I found with burning lightscribe disc. I can never get them dark enough to my liking for some shots.

The tip I've tried is soaking them in gasolin......... NO just a joke

Try doing a double burn, yes take the first burn, look at it if its good then move on, if not stick it back in with the same file you created to burn, and click burn again. You can burn the disc twice, three times etc.

Depending on your cd drive you will see some 'record' looking circles in the burn, it may come natural on some and no way to correct it. Try it out one of my drives burns it flawless and the other burns it with the rings/circles.

Just figured I'd throw it out there for some to see and try because I know it was a problem with me

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    When i got my first Lightscribe burner...it had a drop down for the darkness of the burn, but my newone does not have that so a trick I figured out was to BOLD everything I wanted really dark and leave the rest normal....then burn it say 3-4 times...takes some time but it works.....now I will just be getting printable disks and do a direct inkjet print.....will look so much more professional.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    TonyLTonyL Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    For some reason CD r burn darker than DVD r. Don't know why. Same manufacturer.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using tapatalk
    -Anthony

APL Photography || My Gear: Bunch of 4/3rds stuff
    Facebook: Friend / Fan || Twitter: @aplphoto