Pups in the spotlight

ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
edited January 13, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Here is something I tried the other day. Not 100% yet but getting closer to what I want. What do you guys think?

Here is the expert. This guy knows what is up when the camera comes out.
1153658440_n26UW-XL.jpg

This little guy is new to posing. He took some work. Good thing he loves BBQ leftovers.

1153658663_WWmLE-XL.jpg

Comments

• nburbanksnburbanks Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited January 11, 2011
    Pups is the german word for fart :-)

but nice shots

nburbanks.smugmug.com
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2011
    Howdy,

You can sure tell the Pro, great shots, love that First One!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2011
    I gotta try these again in the near future and try some other stuff with the light. Gotta get it right on.

In the end this is the effect I want to see. This statue is a little smaller than the little one. And it is not moving around so the light is easier to aim. I am thinking I need a little wider snoot. Gonna have to get creative with some tape.

1155586069_nzzNw-XL.jpg
  • woellerdwoellerd Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2011
    I really like where you're heading with these. Just a couple of hot spots to control, but the mood and feel is right on. Of course that's just my personal taste. Your subjects seem quite cooperative.
    Dave Woeller

My Galleries: DWPhotoworks

My Blog Page: DWPhotoworksblog

Become a fan: DWPhotoworksfan
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2011
    Here is my comment on the dogs. Try and have someone / owner / etc stand / kneel behind you and hold a treat close the the camera. The idea is to get a photo of the dog looking into the camera.

If taking a photo of the dog looking elsewhere then I think it would work better if you can see what it is he is looking at.

Sam
  • ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2011
    Sam wrote: »
    Here is my comment on the dogs. Try and have someone / owner / etc stand / kneel behind you and hold a treat close the the camera. The idea is to get a photo of the dog looking into the camera.

If taking a photo of the dog looking elsewhere then I think it would work better if you can see what it is he is looking at.

Sam

That was pretty much the idea. They were both looking at the treat. The problem is I was holding it standing next to them. My setup was this. Camera on tripod, manual focused on that statue on f9. Marked that spot on the table. Then positioned the dogs on the spot. I then held a treat in one hand, flash with snoot in the other and had my remote in my mouth. It was a situation that would have been better with at least 1 more arm. The big dog is pretty easy. He is well trained and an expert at this now. The little one is untrained, new to me and young. He is a handful.

In the end though I still want them sort of diagonal and not straight at the camera.