Sunset in Boracay, Philippines

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited January 12, 2011 in Landscapes
Don't post here often but thought I'd share this one that I took of the sunset on the island of Boracay in the Philippines.

1153757057_nJdE8-X2.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• senorjaxsenorjax Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2011
    That'll work. thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
    Jay
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2011
    I like it! So beautiful but simple :)
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • Jago-ViGJago-ViG Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited January 12, 2011
    Very nice.
  • rocky07rocky07 Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited January 12, 2011
    that boat in between is the icing on the cake :)
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2011
    Thanks all. It was the one of a few nice shot I got while in Boracay. About 15 minutes after taking this shot, I dropped my camera and lens down a flight of stairs. Mind you, this was on the first day of a month long trip. Fortunately, I ended up buying a D700 a few days later but we were back in Manila.

My Smug Site
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2011
    Man you are killing it with the photos from your trip. Love this.
    Seriously you dropped your equipment....on the first day......ouch!

I did that once after I had spent an hour hiking down into the bottom of a desert canyon down a sheer cliff. I was carrying a tripod and stupidly had left my camera attached.....the screw came loose and I watched my camera and lens bounce 100 feet into the bottom of the canyon.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2011
    zoomer wrote: »
    Man you are killing it with the photos from your trip. Love this.
    Seriously you dropped your equipment....on the first day......ouch!

I did that once after I had spent an hour hiking down into the bottom of a desert canyon down a sheer cliff. I was carrying a tripod and stupidly had left my camera attached.....the screw came loose and I watched my camera and lens bounce 100 feet into the bottom of the canyon.

Mike,

You're going to laugh but that is exactly how I dropped it. My wife, her parents and I were on the beach watching the sunset. I took a few photos, this one included. Had the cam on my tripod. Well, we were all hungry and decided to go down to the "wet market" so I told them to hang tight while I ran back to the room to put my tripod and bag away. Instead of taking the camera off the tripod (like the wife always nags me to), I carried it on the tripod. Well, apparently the plate wasn't locked and on the way up the stairs, it came loose and fell. I was so upset with myself.

Side note, the wife has no idea that it fell off the tripod. I just told her I slipped and had to decide whether to save myself or the camera and I chose the former. I wasn't in the mood to hear "I told you so" for the rest of the trip. eek7.gif

After 21 years, you'd think by now I have learned to always listen to my wife. I can count the times she's been wrong on one hand and still have a couple fingers left. iloveyou.gif

My Smug Site
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2011
    I love the simplicity of it... Well done.