Last Picture

Brock62Brock62 Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited January 12, 2011 in People
Theres a sad ending to this Photo, These are some good friends of me and my wife Steve and Kay, About a week before i took this Picture back in April Steve was Diagnosis with throat Cancer, his wife wanted me to do a family photo shoot before he started his chemo and got sick so i was more then glade to do it. Kay tried to pay me for the Shoot and i told her theres no way im gonna charge her for this, Sorry to say but Steve lost his battle to Cancer in November . He will always be remembered through out our community . He was an awesome person to of known. His favorite saying was " Life is Good " . When i look at this picture i see a strong Woman who knew she would lose her Husband .

Comments

• glennpglennp Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2011
    I'm sorry for your loss.
  • konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2011
    That is such a tough disease to watch someone suffer through. You created not only a photograph, but a lasting memory.
    --- Kono ---
    Pentax K-x and assorted lenses
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2011
    Very sad indeed, it’s so easy to forget how vulnerable we are as humans....<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2011
    Very sorry for you loss and a big congratulations for doing this out of the goodness in your heart. When the house burns down you realize that the first thing after your family to grab will be you photo alb. You did something for this family that they will cherish forever.
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2011
    What a treasure this photo must be for his wife and family. I'm so sorry he lost his fight and you have lost your friend.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2011
    Wow....moving story and photo.
    Special when you can use your skills to create a lasting memory for someone.
  • Brock62Brock62 Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited January 12, 2011
    I want to thank everyone for the comments, Steve was a Great person to know , He was a friend to everyone , So many times in my Life i would come across problems in my life i would set back and say how would Steve handle this. Its hard for me to find words to describe him. Question ? why is it they say They can put a man on the , But they cant find a CURE for Cancer. Just something to Chew on.
  • clickin girlclickin girl Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2011
    So very sad! What a beautiful picture though and something the wife will always treasure! So nice of you to do this for them.