The Fly

pcrpcr Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited January 17, 2011 in Holy Macro
This little fella was kind enough to let me take his pic. Most vanish on me as soon as I go to Click.

fly3.jpg

Canon 50D
28-90mm Lens Reversed
For since the creation of the world Gods invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that We are without excuse,(Romans 1:20)

Comments

• Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2011
    Lovely and clear. Very nicely done.

You add any light to that, or just natural? I struggle with light when reversing lenses.
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2011
  • pcrpcr Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited January 13, 2011
    Lovely and clear. Very nicely done.

You add any light to that, or just natural? I struggle with light when reversing lenses.

This is natural light, just levels in PSE, I too struggle with light, My little pop up flash just blows everythins out, I think I will buy some gear this year. The day was overcast but my biggest trouble with using natural light is blur. Out of 15 shots this is as sharp as I could get.

Thanks for the question.
    Pete...
    For since the creation of the world Gods invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that We are without excuse,(Romans 1:20)
  • Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2011
    pcr wrote: »
    This is natural light, just levels in PSE, I too struggle with light, My little pop up flash just blows everythins out, I think I will buy some gear this year. The day was overcast but my biggest trouble with using natural light is blur. Out of 15 shots this is as sharp as I could get.

Thanks for the question.
    Pete...

I actually made a bizarre contraption which directed the on-board flash down to the front of the lens - I then had a toilet tissue diffuser on the end...it did help a lot, but looked a bit strange.

I then took to using an off-camera flash on a bracket, diffused with a piece from a plastic milk bottle. That was quite good. One day I'll have the proper kit, but for now, that's it. :)

Cheers

Craig
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited January 17, 2011