Options

Digital SLRs and high speed lenses

Sask2005Sask2005 Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited September 20, 2005 in Cameras
Ignoring my similar but different thread about olympus cameras could people please recommend the best dig slr for the following work:

- photographing high speed cars/bikes/ and runners moving past me or towards or away from me
- shooting objects moving around fast at distance - 150ft - using a telephoto
- camera that turns on fast
- can continuous shoot quickly and without delay
- has a good high speed telephoto lens (not a pro lens)
and is the price of non pro dslrs like Olympus e300 range.

Also pls explain what is a high speed lens and how it relates to a camera.

Many thanks
Confused!!
B:clap

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2005
    Read this

Buy this

Gus
  • Options
    Thanks for the new info too Gus - really want to buy the Olympus cause its within price range and the extra lens for the nikon d70 are way out of it and want to move out into slrs.Thanks again
    Humungus wrote:
    Read this

Buy this

Gus
  • Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    Sask: a lil piece of advice, since there aren't many Oly E-300 shooters in here. Go to the DPReview Olympus SLR forum, and ask for experiences in shooting motorized sports with the E-300 and the kit lenses. It'd be strange if you wouldn't get some hands on report there.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    marlof wrote:
    Sask: a lil piece of advice, since there aren't many Oly E-300 shooters in here. Go to the DPReview Olympus SLR forum, and ask for experiences in shooting motorized sports with the E-300 and the kit lenses. It'd be strange if you wouldn't get some hands on report there.
    great suggestion, thanks, will do. B
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    Just remember that with a DSLR comes some real baggage for most of us like tripods..backpacks..better computers & expensive programmes for editing in RAW etc etc...the list is without end.

Waxy said that to me when i was about to take the plung & i thought "..yeah but im different" well he was making an understatement. Ive got expensive gear from here to timbucktoo & the light at the end of the tunnel may just be a freight train.

Gus
  • Options
    edited September 19, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Ive got expensive gear from here to timbucktoo & the light at the end of the tunnel may just be a freight train.
    Yep, I know that feeling. I just hope the freight train stops by you first...

I thought when I went with the Oly E-1 and the 14-54 and 50-200 I'd be done. Since then I've bought two backpacks (one for hiking, one for city dwelling), one tripod, have ordered a teleconverter, am saving up for a macro lens and extension tube, and am thinking about a Portable Storage Device. There's no end to it all!
  • Options
    tinbashertinbasher Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited September 19, 2005
    I thought when I went with the Oly E-1 and the 14-54 and 50-200 I'd be done. Since then I've bought two backpacks (one for hiking, one for city dwelling), one tripod, have ordered a teleconverter, am saving up for a macro lens and extension tube, and am thinking about a Portable Storage Device. There's no end to it all![/QUOTE]

I feel this way...If you enjoy it...DO IT! If you can afford it...DO IT!! If you cant afford it...DO IT!! You only live once!

:)
    Cheers,

Tinbasher
    If a tree falls in the forest...did anyone get a picture of it?
  • Options
    edited September 20, 2005
    tinbasher wrote:
    I feel this way...If you enjoy it...DO IT! If you can afford it...DO IT!! If you cant afford it...DO IT!! You only live once!
    Next time my DW complains, I'll tell her you said I should DO IT! :)