Options

Fb

angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
edited January 15, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
Facebook. Do you see FB pages used in Ad's on TV? If so, how were they used, etc. I don't watch TV, but need to know prior to doing some work.

thanks,

Ps: Also, did you know that FB actually got a go ahead to ( I forget what it's called) use Face as if they own it? They applied for trademark back in 2005 and it appears they will have a trademark on the word Face as it applies to Online face to face chat and so forth.
tom wise

Comments

• Options
    coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2011
    angevin1 wrote: »
    Facebook. Do you see FB pages used in Ad's on TV? If so, how were they used, etc. I don't watch TV, but need to know prior to doing some work.

I was a little surprised today to see State Farm had their facebook link in their commercial. The page wasn't shown, just the link, at the end of the commercial and prominently displayed right under their name, with nothing else.
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    chrisjohnsonchrisjohnson Registered Users Posts: 772 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2011
    angevin1 wrote: »

thanks,

Ps: Also, did you know that FB actually got a go ahead to ( I forget what it's called) use Face as if they own it? They applied for trademark back in 2005 and it appears they will have a trademark on the word Face as it applies to Online face to face chat and so forth.

No. I never saw FB used in TV ads, or print for that matter. Only a matter of time I suspect given the way FB is going, but then why would a advertiser do this above promoting their own site? I suppose I might recommend it when FB pays part of my advertising costs, and I might then cut them in on a percentage of sales made via the link. Interesting concept with the right demographic ...

Neither did I know FB has a trademark on Face - presumably this is related to a specific design or logo? - do you have a link?
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2011
    No. I never saw FB used in TV ads, or print for that matter. Only a matter of time I suspect given the way FB is going, but then why would a advertiser do this above promoting their own site? I suppose I might recommend it when FB pays part of my advertising costs, and I might then cut them in on a percentage of sales made via the link. Interesting concept with the right demographic ...

Neither did I know FB has a trademark on Face - presumably this is related to a specific design or logo? - do you have a link?

yeah, here's one: http://techcrunch.com/2010/11/23/patent-office-agrees-to-facebooks-face-trademark/

Thanks for the info. Sounds like no one is using it...and I suspect it is not legal.
    tom wise
  • Options
    Mark DickinsonMark Dickinson Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2011
    Facebook has a term to grand permission to use the facebook logo, a lot of companies have this that says you can use it. Facebook doesn't pay any advertisement for them to be on there, the advertisement is paid by the company putting the ad out there. The facebook mention is because it is easier for companies to get people to visit the facebook over their website, just because it is the most visited site in the world (facebook). Even ford/chevy commercials ford give the ability to use their car in certain commercials like when you see a chevy vs. ford. Each company has terms to use their brand or logo:)

http://www.facebook.com/brandpermissions/logos.php

You can advertise it on your site too, even nasa I think had one on their visit the space center. The biggest reason to have someone on there is when statefarm does a status update blam, they hit xxxxx amount of people with a wall post. Just like copyrights, you can permit people to use them:")
  • Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2011
    The one thing that amuses the heck out of me is how new reports on missing persons Reports on the news will say the person hasn't contacted friends or family, their car hasn't been seen, their bank account and creditcard haven't been used and they haven't accessed their faceache account!!

Haven't accessed their Facespace???
    My god!!!
    That's a sure sign they must be dead!!!
    Who wouldn't log onto facespacedout for a month or 3?
    Oh, apart from myself.

Geez, I must have died and not realised it. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    Mark DickinsonMark Dickinson Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2011
    People are creatures of habit and will do things repeatedly over and over in patterns.