Where Did You Come From

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited January 15, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
There's a story behind this bottle of wine ... if it is wine. I found it up in the liquor cabinet I'm cleaning out. Only the people who's writing is on the label have now left our family. Looks like my Granny's handwriting on the label and my Dad's writing for the numbers.

My Mom told me there was a bottle of wine down in my Granny's cellar that they received when they got married after WWI. They kept it to open on their 50th wedding anniversary. They didn't drink it, but I don't know if it had been opened and this is what's left.

It's not drinkable .. bottle top is covered with masking tape :D Sadly there's only one family member left ... my Dad's sister .... that I can contact in hopes she will know.

Practice photo taken with my 50mm .. still learning how to use it :D

1155807454_n27Eq-L.jpg

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    There's a story behind this bottle of wine ... if it is wine. I found it up in the liquor cabinet I'm cleaning out. Only the people who's writing is on the label have now left our family. Looks like my Granny's handwriting on the label and my Dad's writing for the numbers.

My Mom told me there was a bottle of wine down in my Granny's cellar that they received when they got married after WWI. They kept it to open on their 50th wedding anniversary. They didn't drink it, but I don't know if it had been opened and this is what's left.

It's not drinkable .. bottle top is covered with masking tape :D Sadly there's only one family member left ... my Dad's sister .... that I can contact in hopes she will know.

Practice photo taken with my 50mm .. still learning how to use it :D

Howdy Mary,

WOW, that is really a neat story and find, I love the "Disposal Fixer" :D

Love the lighting and tones in this one.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2011
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Mary,

WOW, that is really a neat story and find, I love the "Disposal Fixer" :D

Love the lighting and tones in this one.

Hi Craig ..

I'm betting this bottle could do a world of hurt to someone's insides :D

Kept the lighting low, but still a lot to learn with this lens.
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2011
    Great story, Mary. I love it when there's a story told behind the image. Makes me appreciate it more. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
    edited January 14, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    Great story, Mary. I love it when there's a story told behind the image. Makes me appreciate it more. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

Howdy Jiro :D

I too love the stories behind a photo. This one has one ... only hope I can get ahold of my aunt. She's my only hope in finding out the real story behind this bottle.

Happy to hear you appreciated it ... :D
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2011
    I always like beautiful and thought-provoking images. But I do also love to know why the image was taken and the story behind it. As what an unknown author used to say - "Digging deep inside you, you can produce striking images because it was not just a snapshot but an image that was already there... in your heart." Thanks for sharing again, Mary. thumb.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
    edited January 15, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    I always like beautiful and thought-provoking images. But I do also love to know why the image was taken and the story behind it. As what an unknown author used to say - "Digging deep inside you, you can produce striking images because it was not just a snapshot but an image that was already there... in your heart." Thanks for sharing again, Mary. thumb.gif

I'm glad you liked the story ... now the story gets more complex :D

Talked with my aunt and it seems there was a jug of wine down in the cellar that my Great-Grand Daddy had. The date on the bottle dates it to my Great-GrandDaddy's time period. It was opened after his death (early 1920's) and they all had a swig of it on Christmas Eve. It was then closed up and put down in the cellar again.

Two stories .. still digging for more info :D