Spectical of colour

AdamKAdamK Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
edited January 15, 2011 in Landscapes
I had a front row seat to an amazing sunset, best one I have ever seen. The light of the sun exuberated the clouds and gave a spectical I have never seen before!

Thankyou and I would love to get some C&C. icon_smile.gif

5354937271_5eeb255047_b.jpg

Comments

• joe-bobjoe-bob Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2011
    Beautiful. Great color.
  • AdamKAdamK Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited January 14, 2011
    joe-bob wrote: »
    Beautiful. Great color.

Thankyou Joe!
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2011
    I really like your capture. You are even getting a reflection off the tiny pools of water surrounding the foreground subject. It looks just a tab bit too yellow just across the lower horizon, it may be my monitor too. What did the composition look like if your were to stand in the creek? I know you'd give up your foreground rock which is very cool but I'm wondering if you had similar killer reflections.
    edited January 14, 2011
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    I really like your capture. You are even getting a reflection off the tiny pools of water surrounding the foreground subject. It looks just a tab bit too yellow just across the lower horizon, it may be my monitor too. What did the composition look like if your were to stand in the creek? I know you'd give up your foreground rock which is very cool but I'm wondering if you had similar killer reflections.

Thanks Doug! Yeah I liked the reflection too. Hmm well I am using a computer that is only set up for colours by eye so you are probably right. Well I tried but there was nothing really interesting forground wise, it was a massive draw distance to anything interesting and that huge rock just broke the sky up into two different parts and was quite distracting. Thankyou once again Doug, nice hearing from you. :D
  • ProfessionalProfessional Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2011
    Very nice shot, i love the colors!
    edited January 15, 2011
    Very nice shot, i love the colors!

Thankyou Professional. :D
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2011
    Beautiful shot. The composition and colors in the sky are great, as is the reflection. My only nit is I find the bright sky behind the rock distracting. Is there any way to recover it in post or could you blend two exposures to tone it down?
    edited January 15, 2011
    bryanj87 wrote: »
    Beautiful shot. The composition and colors in the sky are great, as is the reflection. My only nit is I find the bright sky behind the rock distracting. Is there any way to recover it in post or could you blend two exposures to tone it down?

Thanks Bryanj87. Well I did try using the Graduated filter in photoshop AND on the camera but there is no data in the sky, it is just white, I think I overloaded the sensor trying to capture forground detail then capturing the clouds and where the sun was, it has just blown out. I don't know how to blend two exposures but do you think there is anything there to rescue? :/ Thanks again Bryanj87!
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2011
    Looks like a great sunset.

Here is what i would do.

1. Get rid of the dust spots.
    2. Darken the reflective pool
    3. If shot in RAW see if you can recover any data from the bright section of the sky.
    4. Look at cropping out some of the foreground.

Sam
    edited January 15, 2011
    Sam wrote: »
    Looks like a great sunset.

Here is what i would do.

1. Get rid of the dust spots.
    2. Darken the reflective pool
    3. If shot in RAW see if you can recover any data from the bright section of the sky.
    4. Look at cropping out some of the foreground.

Sam

Thanks Sam! Ok I will do that when my computer comes back from repair (should've backed it up before sending it away :/) shouldn't be too long.