Options

Igorot People of the Mountain Province of the Philippines

2»

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2011
    Qarik wrote: »
    wait a sec..I thought you were a chick!ne_nau.gif

LMAO... we've been through this already Daniel. I guess you missed that thread. Rey is a dude.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2011
    Wide Lenses and People
    First, let me commend you for bringing back images of people. IMO, far too many photographers seem satisfied with bring back travel pictures of trees, buildings and those nauseously prevalent sunsets.

On the other hand, people shot with UWA lenses bother me because of the distortion causing the upper torso and head to look quite big with the lower torso and legs looking spindly and tiny.
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2011
    rpcrowe wrote: »
    First, let me commend you for bringing back images of people. IMO, far too many photographers seem satisfied with bring back travel pictures of trees, buildings and those nauseously prevalent sunsets.

On the other hand, people shot with UWA lenses bother me because of the distortion causing the upper torso and head to look quite big with the lower torso and legs looking spindly and tiny.

Thanks for your passive aggressive dig. HAHA... just kidding. I get what you're saying but keep in mind, it was either photograph people with the wide angle and make their heads and torsos look big and distorted, with small, spindly legs or don't photograph them at all. I dropped my only other lens and only had the wide angle.

BTW, this was shot with the same lens... does my wife look distorted? (be careful how you answer mwink.gif)

1153690248_p9Qw9-X2.jpg
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    jpierrejpierre Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 8, 2012
    Ifugao not Igorot
    I've done some hiking and spent time in the back country here in '82. As a heads up for you: Ifugao - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ifugao
    Ifugao is a landlocked province of the Philippines in the Cordillera ... It is named after the term "i-pugo" which means "i" (from/people) and "pugo" ... The people of Ifugao province are Ifugao, but mistakenly called by non-Cordilleran as Igorot.

Also was the first matriarchal societies that I had encountered which remained traditional to this extent.

PS. Raisins are great!