Options

Easy Customizer Bug

jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
edited January 18, 2011 in Bug Reporting
There's some sort of bug in Easy Customizer where it gets stuck on a particular size and giving it a smaller image won't make the header any smaller. I've actually seen this multiple times on other people's sites, but today I finally figured out what it was really doing.

If you look at this site (assuming they don't change it too much) and remove their customization in web developer, you will see that there's a large space reserved for the customLogo, yet the image isn't nearly that large. With careful examination of the EZC CSS, I find this:
#customLogo, #customLogo a, #customLogo a:active, 
#customLogo a:hover, #customLogo a:visited { 
    text-align: left !important; 
    font-family: georgia !important; 
    [COLOR=red]font-size: 72px !important; [/COLOR]
    color: #FFFFFF !important; 
    text-decoration: none !important; 
}
The problem is caused by the part in red. There should be no font size specification for the logo at all. It is now an image. I don't know the history so maybe it used to be large text, but it is no more and this giant font size makes it so the EZC won't size automatically to fit the image put inside it. The only work-arounds are to destroy the EZC header and start over or to override with some complicated CSS.

So, the bug is that somehow EZC inserts CSS for a giant font-size when the site owner is using an image. That giant font-size breaks the automatic sizing of the header.
--John
HomepagePopular
JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
Always include a link to your site when posting a question

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 18, 2011
    Thanks John, I am asking the sorcerer to take a look. --Doc
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    bstrongbstrong Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    jfriend wrote: »
    There's some sort of bug in Easy Customizer where it gets stuck on a particular size and giving it a smaller image won't make the header any smaller. I've actually seen this multiple times on other people's sites, but today I finally figured out what it was really doing.

If you look at this site (assuming they don't change it too much) and remove their customization in web developer, you will see that there's a large space reserved for the customLogo, yet the image isn't nearly that large. With careful examination of the EZC CSS, I find this:
    #customLogo, #customLogo a, #customLogo a:active, 
    #customLogo a:hover, #customLogo a:visited { 
        text-align: left !important; 
        font-family: georgia !important; 
        [COLOR=red]font-size: 72px !important; [/COLOR]
        color: #FFFFFF !important; 
        text-decoration: none !important; 
    }

The problem is caused by the part in red. There should be no font size specification for the logo at all. It is now an image. I don't know the history so maybe it used to be large text, but it is no more and this giant font size makes it so the EZC won't size automatically to fit the image put inside it. The only work-arounds are to destroy the EZC header and start over or to override with some complicated CSS.

So, the bug is that somehow EZC inserts CSS for a giant font-size when the site owner is using an image. That giant font-size breaks the automatic sizing of the header.

Looks like there is a small bug that is causing the font size to be used even though the custom "banner" is set to "Image" rather than "Text". If you change the banner type to "Text" then decrease the font size, then change it back to "Image" does that help the issue? I know it may not be a complete fix, but I want to try and find a workaround before the bug is actually fixed.

Thanks!
    -Brian
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    bstrong wrote: »
    Looks like there is a small bug that is causing the font size to be used even though the custom "banner" is set to "Image" rather than "Text". If you change the banner type to "Text" then decrease the font size, then change it back to "Image" does that help the issue? I know it may not be a complete fix, but I want to try and find a workaround before the bug is actually fixed.

Thanks!
    -Brian
    Sorry, it's not my site that this happened on so I can't try that work-around.

I worked around it by setting the font-size to zero using CSS.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question