Options

New Look/Site/Blog

dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited January 18, 2011 in Weddings
I have completely changed the style of my photography. With this came a new business name, website, and blog. Check it out and let me know if you see any mistakes!

www.dawsontaylorstudios.com

Website
My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
| 580EX II & 430EX

Comments

• Options
    Mark DickinsonMark Dickinson Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2011
    Looks good, startup page works, facebook link works
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2011
    I like the look of it, however I wish there was the option to be able to go forward / backward through the image galleries, I have to wait for it to load at it's own pace and seem only able to view things in the order you put them on there. I like control personally ;)

Blog looks great and Facebook links works and looks good too.
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2011
    care to share the story behind the big changes? I like the look !
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2011
    First thing I noticed is the drop down menus will not operate correctly unless you mouse over them JUUUUUUST right. At normal "speed", they disappear far too easily while trying to get the links to open. Could be the system I'm on? (Wife's dinosaur from her office ) It was enough of a quirk to be a bit bothersome. Someone else let me know if this is happening, please. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 16, 2011
    Your site is propagating browser windows / tabs. From your homepage, I clicked "enter blog". Your blog opened in the same browser window. I then clicked "website". A new tab opened. I clicked "enter site". Stayed within same tab, good. Clicked "blog" Another new tab opened.

I believe this should be corrected. Opening a new browser tab or window should be up to the viewer, not the web site.

I also saw the same problem behavior with the dropdowns as noted by the previous poster.

--- Denise
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    I've very slow. I'm not the one to coplain, are you using Portfoliositez? I just dropped them because they were loading sooooo very slow. I moved to Blu (another stupid idea), it's still slow, but it's a little faster than this guys. I closed it and went to your site again, it load a lot quicker, so, if your visitor comes for the first time, it might be painful :)
    I'm having the same dilemma.

Love your work!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    I really like where you are going + the first blog post looks beautiful!
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    I agree about the dropdowns. I also think that there might be too many photos in each gallery. I would try to limit it to something closer to 30 each.

That said, I really like the site and you have a beautiful style.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    ShepsMom wrote: »
    I've very slow. I'm not the one to coplain, are you using Portfoliositez? I just dropped them because they were loading sooooo very slow. I moved to Blu (another stupid idea), it's still slow, but it's a little faster than this guys. I closed it and went to your site again, it load a lot quicker, so, if your visitor comes for the first time, it might be painful :)
    I'm having the same dilemma.

Love your work!

Yea, I am using portfoliositez. I absolutely love them. The slowness factor just comes with a flash site. It's probably not the fastest on the market, but it's realitively inexpensive.

Thanks so much for the compliment!
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    I really like where you are going + the first blog post looks beautiful!

Thanks!
    Kinkajou wrote: »
    I agree about the dropdowns. I also think that there might be too many photos in each gallery. I would try to limit it to something closer to 30 each.

That said, I really like the site and you have a beautiful style.

Thank you! I think I may switch half of the wedding images to another gallery. This could be the reason for the slowness. Thanks!

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX