Layover in Incheon Airport (Korea)

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited January 17, 2011 in People
On the way back from the Philippines, we laid over in Korea. The plan was for a long enough layover to allow us to leave the airport to take a tour of Seoul. Snow wasn't part of plan and we ended up stuck at the airport for 9 hours. Fortunately, the Incheon airport has quite the retail space and also scheduled cultural shows.

Here are few of the photos I took while exploring the airport:

1157849052_8p4WN-X2.jpg

1157844992_8nweB-X2.jpg

1157844045_4CvJk-X2.jpg

4 & 5 - Not sure what this was about but they walked through the airport and the odd thing is that most people paid no attention to them as if it was commonplace:

1157847736_9fKPo-X2.jpg

1157848435_gW5Tu-X2.jpg

6 - Yours truly, bored out of his mind at this point:

1157847636_R9d4y-X2.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2011
    Nice shots...love that second one...a lot.
    That is a serious layover...at least you had some interesting things to look at.
  • BMW KurtBMW Kurt Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2011
    Wow! I was not looking forward a layover in Seoul on my way to Osaka later this year, but now I am! Good use of layover time!
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2011
    Thanks guys.

If you're going to layover, Incheons the place. As I said, they have tons of retail shops, some very expensive and had me worried because my wife has good taste and her hobby is shopping. Just don't try to take any photos in the retail shops. I was stopped each time I tried.

They also have several free internet bars and a few traveller lounges where you can shower, get a massage, eat and sleep. Lastly, they have cultural centers at various places in the airport and each has a 30 minute show about every hour or so. I believe all the shows are different so if you're there for a while, you can catch a few of them.

My Smug Site
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2011
    Really like #2.thumb.gif
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2011
    mike j wrote: »
    really like #2.thumb.gif

+1
    Canon Fan
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2011
    For 4 & 5, the people are dressed in royal garb. I would guess something was being filmed at Incheon, which seems to happen in every Korean drama ever made. :D (Or it looks like you stumbled across this event! Very neat.)

I love the hanboks!
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2011
    the perspective in #2 is perferct. great shot.

haha and I love the light in the self portrait.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2011
    Llywellyn wrote: »
    For 4 & 5, the people are dressed in royal garb. I would guess something was being filmed at Incheon, which seems to happen in every Korean drama ever made. :D (Or it looks like you stumbled across this event! Very neat.)

I love the hanboks!

Kerry... That's exactly what it was. Great find!

My Smug Site