Kelsi

Jeremy_22Jeremy_22 Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
edited January 18, 2011 in People
Model we've worked with a lot, she did make-up for us last week for a client. Captured this before the client arrived...

KelsiZ-1159.jpg

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 16, 2011
    Beautiful lady...
    For me, her face is a bit "hot", I don't like the full circle catch light in her eyes, you cut off her elbo, and something about the lower right corner of the shot looks strange. Sorry to be so negative. Keep in mind, I'm no expert but when I look at any photo, I either like it or don't. I really don't care about the "rules".
  • Jeremy_22Jeremy_22 Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2011
    Thanks for the input!

Light setup - florescent lights - 4 ballasts total making a square - directly in front of subject - shooting thru the square. Hotlight behind subject for rim.
    captain78 wrote: »
    Beautiful lady...

Quite. :)
    For me, her face is a bit "hot"

Nothing is blown...we shoot hot. It's great beauty lighting.
    you cut off her elbo

Yup, and her head too. Cropping was deliberate and specific.
    something about the lower right corner of the shot looks strange.

Slight flare from the rim light.

Again, thanks for the comments.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2011
    beautiful shot. the position of her left arm is throwing me though..her armpit area looks strange..wish her arm was in the frame somehow.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    I love everything about this but like Qarik said. Her Armpit is VERY strange, and when I look back I can't help but that being all I see now ne_nau.gif

It honestly looks like a graphic flap of skin...................... headscratch.gif

(I also 100% am sure by looking at the rest of the shot and the model herself that this is NOT the case, but still. It's all I see now :cry)
    Canon Fan
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    I like the ring/square light, for most it takes some getting used to. The pose is fine but I think it is her choice of top that is throwing my eye off. Without the shoulder being covered as the other it seems that a balance is off to my eye. It seems to distort the shoulder and under part.