Vintage Racer

woellerdwoellerd Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
edited January 17, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
I can't identify this racecar, but it was just darn cool. It ran at the New Jersey Motorsports Park Vintage races this past year. Hope you enjoy.

875497696_WMJTH-L-1.jpg

875547365_5imf9-L-1.jpg

875611454_7xpMf-L-1.jpg
Dave Woeller

My Galleries: DWPhotoworks

My Blog Page: DWPhotoworksblog

Become a fan: DWPhotoworksfan

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2011
    Hey Dave,

That car is a Lotus Eleven....probably from 1958 or close to that. Lotus cars were known for their lightweight construction, which is always a positive for a race car. The downside to that is the fact that they were also pretty fragile....prone to structural failures, particularly on rough tracks. The same considerations made owning one of their street cars a very dicey affair. But they are FUN to drive.

You have some very nice shots here. There's some very interesting cars in the background in that first shot.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • woellerdwoellerd Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2011
    Thanks so much for the information Tom. It was a really fun weekend with many vintage cars on the track. You probably are already aware, but if you click on one of these images it will open larger on my site. Then click close in the upper right corner and you can view the rest of the gallery. Have fun, I'd love for you to see all the shots.
    Dave Woeller

• TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2011
    Wow, I bet that was a fun day!! Shot #3 is the clear winner for me :-)

I am hoping to get out to Barrett Jackson this week and this thread made me want to try even harder to make time to go :-)
    Canon Fan
  • woellerdwoellerd Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2011
    Barret Jackson would be a dream for me. I can only watch and drool on TV :D:D:D. I am fortunate to be one of the Green flag photogs for the NJ Motorsports Park. Most of the events can be seen on my website. The AMA superbikes are crazy wild, and the most fun to shoot. We were disappointed that Patrick Dempsy missed the Rolex Grand Am event due to film shooting schedule conflicts. I think it was Transformers 2 or something like that. By the wat shot 3 is my favorite also.
    Dave Woeller